FJR upgrades

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Datel volt meter, seat, throttle lock, communication system, driving lights, GPS, radar detector, top trunk, added brake lighting, powerlets, etc.... The possibilities are limited only by what you want to spend.

Keep the Special Other happy first rule .
Take her for several rides, then surprise her. Get a sheepskin seat cover it will help a great deal on any bike and your SO will realy love it .Tell her you knew the seat wasn't as confortable for her as it could be so you ordered the cover from Australia just for her .Make sure when you return from the ride there are her favourite flowers inside the house ( get a neigbour's wife to hide them and put them in the hoiuse while you two are riding).Have a nice chineese meal ( or whatever she prefers ) that night, you will be rewarded for all your kindness . She will not be jealous of the money and time you spend in the future with your mistress FJR.When you go on the next ride with her mention the the thottle fix ( when it is a good moment ) cause your arm would find it easier, she will of course agree .When you go home sugest another meal ,and you on way to having a wonderfull time riding with the approval of the SO.
ROFL! More work to make the little woman happy than to make the ride :blink:

A good reason why I will not remarry. Don't like my bike?... See ya! :lol:

Yes it can be more work , BUT it can worth it, remember why go for one ride , when you can go for two.

Good point B) That second ride is an important one! And if you be married, you gotta do what it takes... been there! :angry:

Anyway, here's my farkle suggestion: Man Horns and Randy's harness... love that big buick sound!

This ones easy, but one question must be answered first:

Are you trying to set up the bike for mostly touring , mostly sport, or comfortable sport riding:

If touring, Heres the gooses top twelve list:

1. throttle spring release

2. grip puppies

3. MADco Throttle lock

4. G2 Tube

5. Heli triple clamp(with risers)

6. V-Stream Windshield

7. AFtermarket seat (corbin if your short.....passenger and backrest if you've got company)

8. Skyway sliders

9. some sort of protective film for the tops of the bags and tank

10. barbarian Jumper mod

11. Slave cylinder replacment with 05 model

12. Givi tail pack

If mostly sport:

1. throttle spring release

2. grip puppies

3. MADco Throttle lock

4. G2 Tube

5. skyway spacers for windshield

6. barbarian Jumper mod

7. AFtermarket seat (corbin if your short.....passenger and backrest if you've got company)

8. Skyway sliders

9. some sort of protective film for the tops of the bags and tank

10. slave cylinder replacement with 05 model

Comfortable sport riding:

same list with a maybe on the v-stream and heli T-Clamp

These items simply make the bike more rideable.

Toss a set of sliders on it on case you fall over, past that ride the beast for awhile before you do anything else. The bike and miles, will tell you what you want to change, if anything. Buying 10k worth of farkles for a new bike before you spend any seat time on it is kinda silly IMHO.

I would say that you shoul dget some slidders, a better windshield and a top case if you will be putting any real miles on the bike. Next, I would saygrip puppies and nice Audiovox Cruise Control unit and a good GPS. Leave some extra cash for some Daytona Boots, a good safe jacket and modular helmet.

first my wrists were killing me so risers number 1 second the wind noise so i went with a taller windscreen , after i droped her put sliders on . new cans . hwy pegs which i dont use . rad cover .