FJR1300 Custom Paint - what do you think

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, something must be wrong with my display.... I don't see any "color" at all in the image. Looks all black/white/grey.

The front turnsignal oddly seems to have a bit of color to it.

:)

Sorry, something must be wrong with my display.... I don't see any "color" at all in the image. Looks all black/white/grey.

I'm with you Knifemaker. I must be going color blind.

GP

I like it, black and silver is good have you thought about dark blue and silver also really nice.

A few months ago a guy hit me causing my bike to go down and tear up the left side of the bike and crack the front fairing. I am fine and his insurance is paying for all the damages as the driver was completely at fault. The insurance totaled-out my bike and paid for the replacement as I am keep my FJR.. I love it.. So I need to get new plastics for the bike. I started thinking, "well if I am going to fix it all why not get a new look for the bike with some custom paint design?"

It's something I have thought about. So after I worked on the design for a bit I have something I really like. I thought I would share it with you guys.

Hope you enjoy and I will post picks of the new paint on the bike once I get it done// it will take a while if I go for it.

Thanks.

407939_10151200056555075_809155074_22520906_150414404_n.jpg
Have you thought about going with a solid color, then add the contrasting color using some sort of self-adhesive decal?

Looks great.. curious on who will paint the plastic for you and associated expense? Will the black and silver be exisisting Yamaha OEM colors with graphite being something new? What color plastic will you start with?

Looks great! I really like 2 tone paint jobs. I had a '79 BMW R100RS in blue/silver and still think it was the prettiest bike I ever owned.

I like it! It reminds me of the Blue/White & Blue/Silver paint (I know not the same colors, but the general scheme) on the '91 and '92 FJ1200!
11832_0_1_2_fj20120020reduced20effect_Rich20D_20San20Jose20CA_.jpg

LOVE IT !!! Ive alwaysed liked silver and black. Im in the process of restoring a 64 ford ranchero which will be silver and black. But Im a Raiders fan. I would love to ride your bike!!

My concern is about silver and/or grey mixes is that you disappear into the background to other traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm with you Knifemaker. I must be going color blind.

GP
Yeah, I'm sufferin' from "Knifemaker/GPRider Color Deficiency Syndrome" as well. Looks like a sales brochure picture run thru a monochrome copy machine. I don't see any "color" in that picture at all.