FJRForum Official 2017 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer for Twigg. The BMW rider Richard Snyder who had to withdraw after hitting a shipping container that had fallen off of a truck is the same Richard Snyder whose BMW fuel pump failed on the final push to the barn in 2013 and who was helped out by none other than John Ryan who gave him his FJR to finish on.

I've known Richard for several years since my first Mason Dixon rally and sharing the same last name we refer to each other as "long lost cousins". He's a good guy and having won this year's MD20/20 he also won an automatic draw for 2019 so I know he'll be back.

Sure looks like a blue whale gathering. I wonder how many are coming with it as a fourth in their string as well?

Bummer seeing the spots of those who have thrown in the towel. Looks like Key West is going to get another rider along with Steve. In Pensacola now.

That sounds about right from the conversation I just had with a rider who was there. :)

Well, I was lucky enough to spot four rider in west Texas while I was traveling for work on Thursday! I just got home, so now I am trying to catch up here on the forum. Thanks to all you FJR folks who make this even more fun!.

I am ALWAYS for the Hopeless class. Bergman, Goldwing, Water Buffalo? Most coolio! Go men, GO!
you left out the Gen3. Pretty much everything out performs it in the IBR. It would be great to see someone come through and get a top10 on a Gen3, it will take quite a rider. ....Longshot doing it on that bike, but we can hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.