FOBO TPMS saved my a**

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus it keeps me alert when riding knowing that at any moment I could receive an ear popping alert from my SENA saying one of the pressure and/or temperature settings have been breached. Oh the joy of technology!!! Good stuff!

So, to confirm... installation is trivial. Screw on the sensors and pair 'em up. Right?

And... will I need my wheels rebalanced afterward?

Does anyone feel the metal valve stem or T-valve are truly necessary?

Finally... I was thinking about installing a right-angle valve stem I've already purchased on the rear wheel. Will I encounter problems using such a valve stem with the Fobo sensors?

Thanks for sharing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Installation is trivial, yes. Download the app and follow the instructions. Do not screw the sensors on until the app instructs you to.

Rebalance? Yes. Or else weigh them and add an equivalent weight opposite the sensors. Probably more important on the front than the beefy rear.

Tee stems? Yes. I wouldn't want to run them for long without the Tee stems. The advantage is that you don't have to unlock and unscrew the sensor to add air. When you do unscrew the sensor, and also when you screw it back on, it will leak a little air. So that means you would have to overfill the tire to compensate and hope that you overshot your desired by exactly what you leaked.

I had 90 degree stems on there that I took off to put the Tee stems on. The rear would fit on the 90, but the front would not have cleared the caliper unless the 90 degree stem was rotated pointing at the center of the wheel, which is contrary to the point of having 90 degree stems. The Tee stems can both be pointed to the right side and the sensor screwed on the top port centered in the wheel rim.

Black Tee stems FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dun got mah FOBOs yesterday...

mousepad_shot_fabio.2.jpg

Gonna have ta wait 'til I get new tires to add the T stems. (I'm too lazy to pull tires just fer that!)

For some reason the rear synced right up, but it took 6 tries fer the front to sync.

Do'in a 200 mi. ride today, hopefully the front doesn't vibrate too much; I'll keep the special tool w/ me just in case. (Special tool; reminds me of mah Bring Mor Wallet dayz!)

Sure iz cool know'in the PSIs without have'in to crawl around on the garage floor, gauge in hand.
thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I bit the bullet and pulled the tires to install the Tee stems because I couldn't run the front sensor on the 90 degree stem I had on there. Plus I had just put a new rear tire on, so it would be quite a while before that will be due to be replaced. I agree these are nicer to check before a ride.

Gonna have ta wait 'til I get new tires to add the T stems. (I'm too lazy to pull tires just fer that!)
If I can offer a suggestion - tape those new T-stems onto whatever tool you'll be using to pull the wheels for the next tire change. It sorta sucks to sit back and admire your new mounted rubber and then remember those T-stems are still sitting where you left them.
banghead.gif

Yeah, I bit the bullet and pulled the tires to install the Tee stems because I couldn't run the front sensor on the 90 degree stem I had on there. Plus I had just put a new rear tire on, so it would be quite a while before that will be due to be replaced. I agree these are nicer to check before a ride.
Funny you should mention that, cuz I got 90 degree stems. Right before I left yesterday, I looked at that front 'n thought; That might hit the caliper!. So I got the front up off the ground 'n checked; sure 'nuff. I woulda clipped the top off my front FOBO, so I pulled it. The rear had clearance.

It's great to see what's go'in on; after a 3 hr, 200 mi. rip across the Sacrotomato Valley, I got to mah mountain compound, the tire temp was 128, (Though it was a comfortable 90 degrees out.) 'n the rear pressure got up to 53.4 PSI. (From 46) An alarm wuz go'in off, so I turned off the app. Turned it back on, an hour later 'n pressure was back to normal.

Few hrs later, the alarm when off again. I thought; WTF? The bikes just sit'in there. Butt, I when out to see the setting sun wuz beating right on the tire, 'n that heated it back to 52 degrees. Very interesting! Guess I'm gonna have ta mess with the temp range sum more.

Hey all,

I happened to be surfing for things i didn't know I needed on my bike and ran across this.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fobo-bike-2-truly-bluetooth-5-tpms-for-motorcycles#/

So i wrote Sameer and asked them what the difference between Bike and Bike 2 is. Here is the reply

Dear Sir,

Thanks for contacting us.

Referring to your query, below are the differences;

1) FOBO bike 2 sensors can measure up to 800 Kpa.
2) It supports auto push and pull.
3) It supports Group riding feature ( available by June 2019 ).
4) Slow leak detection.
5) Sensor is smaller in size and light in weight (7.6gm) with metal thread.

In addition to the above, there are changes on the App UI and server which will ensure the product is more user friendly thus will further improve the product performance.

Thanks

I have the Bike TPMS installed now and love them. Early bird special is $69 through the crowdfund page. Probably not worth it to me to pull what i have, but if someone is looking for new, this might be an option. If you do go this route i'd get the black tees. Pretty slick setup and in my opinion, well worth the investment.

Yeah, I got the email directly from FoBo (because I’m a registered owner). I like my fobo, but I don’t love it. I don’t see where the new one is functionally any better than the version I have except it is cheaper at the intro price. I should pick up a pair for my new second bike (Africa Twin), but I’m alarmingly leaking money on that bike already and have several more important farkles to get first.