............for all you Rush fans.............

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the fascination. I don't think Rush is that good. I can't think of one of their songs that I really like. And Neil Peart? Gimme a break. Tommy Lee is as good or better, and Metallica's Lars Ulrich is phenomenal.
You old guys gotta get out more!

Said the guy who has the full collection of Back Street Bois and New Kids on the Block CD's
punk.gif

Ignore the punk bastage, maybe he'll go away.
grin.gif

Oh, an' us old guys do get out often. If you'd get your ass out of bed in the morning instead of noon you'd know this.

What's a Rush?
Isn't that the band with the singer who has that squeaky voice?
Those that know me know that I made the comment above completely tongue in cheek. Actually, I have been a devout Rush fan for 40 years now. I first saw them on the Hemispheres tour in 1978. Through the years I have been to a couple of dozen shows from Toronto to Orlando, Atlanta to Honolulu. Calgary to Cincinnati. But my favorite memories of all have been the three rides from the FJR platform and one from my V-strom 650 that centered on going to see Rush in concert. Some of you may have seen my ride reports from those rides, but in case you missed them or just want to relive them with me, here they are....

Toronto - 2010

Missing - can't locate my "Rush, Rush to The Who" ride report from October 2012. That ride took me to Atlanta on Thursday night to see Rush, then to Tampa on Saturday night to see Rush, then back to Atlanta for the Falcons game on Sunday night and The Who in Atlanta on Monday night. It was quite the five day ride, I assure you! - If someone can find the ride report here I would appreciate it.

New Orleans - 2015

KC, Denver, Calgary - 2015

and along the way on many of my rides, invariably I meet a fellow Rush fan. We are always instantly brothers. Here's my most recent encounter, a dude I met at The Big Texan bar in Amarillo. He was from Toronto, in town doing some IT work. I saw his Rush shirt and we just instantly hit it off.

20160528_192727_zpsbvskhs0v.jpg

I've told this story here before as well, but I ran into Geddy Lee in the French Quarter before the 2008 show in NOLA. He was just walking through the Quarter with a couple of people. I became obsessed with shaking his hand. So I stalked him down the street and when he turned to cross another street I spoke up and said hello. I can't tell you just how nice and cordial he was! I initially apologized and told him I just wanted to say hello and shake his hand. But ultimately I was the one who had to cut off the conversation in order to keep my word that I wouldn't keep him. He said no worries, posed for a pic with me and I was on cloud 9 for the next 5 hours!

I'm going to miss the boys not touring any more. But the memories through the years I'll always have. Thanks to Alex, Geddy and Neil for an awesome run! I will definitely be checking out "Time Stand Still"!!!

I liked Rush's stuff a lot, but for some reason I never bought or recorded any of their music. Same with Elton John. I liked the music, never bought it. So I guess I won't be there, but y'all have a great time! Concerts are a lot of fun.

juniorfjr posted: What's a Rush?
Well, juniorfjr, a rush is when you realize you're in a curve a little too hot, and all you can see to the outside of the curve is air. A LOT of air. As in Million Dollar Highway, no guardrail, NAFO 5.

It's also called a "learning experience".

Like 'em or not, you've got to like the fact that Peart has logged probably more miles on two wheels than any other rocker, and for a long time (don't know if he's still doing it), was riding show to show while the rest of the band and equipment flew. Doing oil changes on his own in the parking lot of the venue, etc.

Nice guys -- Big Rush fan here. Living in Montana ( I moved from NYC 12 years ago), I doubted I'd get a chance to see this on the big screen. But two theatres in Montana are showing it, and one right here in Bozeman. What are the chances?

59 shows previously for me, #60 would have been their final show in LA last summer (2015), but my flight got cancelled out of bozeman, and I stupidly was flying in 3 hours before showtime, and leaving the next morning. The offered to reroute me ALMOST in time to catch my return flight.

Latest posts