• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale-Holeshot Stainless Steel Header

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
For Sale Holeshot Stainless Steel Header. I bought the header last Feb. ( 2015 ) & installed it when the weather broke here In Rochester,NY. about the end of March. I put about 1000 miles on it. There is some slight discolorations in the tubing because of the heating of the stainless steel. The header was made with beautiful welds. If you are interested in this, I suggest you go to Holeshot. com & check out the 24 pictures of the unit. The pictures give all the angles you could ask for. You will see that the header sells for $ 699.00 . I am asking for a reasonable offer. I will also send the new fuel map that Holeshot sent me on CD. I used a Power Commander PC III to install in the bike. I will also send the original receipt. I have taken a couple pic's that I was unable to post here- but could send to an e-mail address for your viewing. I will ship to 48 states. Sliick

Ps. I run Leo Vince cans & there are no gaskets used-- only High temp. silicone for sealant. All details of this unit are explained on the Holeshot site. Thanks for looking.

Oviously as close to what I paid for it. I understand that its used but there are no damage to it .So make an offer if you are interested. I will not be giving this away !

What sort of performance gains are to be had with this header vs. the OEM unit? Is the OEM header SS as well?

To answer your question I would refer you to the Holeshot.com web site. Dale Walker is the guy that did the dyno testing & he explains the manufacture & performance gains on the site.Its a very good read,& the pictures are really good as well. The 2 biggest benefits is no back pressure from the cats & less heat under the oil pan. Yes the OEM header is SS. There is a slight weight savings as well.

Sliick

I would be interested but getting ready to move and won't have time to work on bike or move more parts. If you don't sell it by the end of April keep me in mind.

I didn't like the sound of it. Because 2 cylinders go to one muffler & the other 2 cylinders go to the other muffler . At Idle it sort of has the sound of a vertical twin cylinder engine-sort of like a Triumph. Its just a personal preference. I may do a cat removal later,but don't feel like taking everything apart again.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Powerman- I don't know what you are asking. Please elaborate. Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
There a time in the 70's when Jardine made a header for that specific sound, a friend had one on his KZ.

Folding money is paper currency or cash.

Back on topic....