Forgot to wash the bike for so long

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrBluedevil

Reaction score
So any good advice on how to remove it from the windshield.With out damaging it........ I used it when i cut down the shield, but of course failed to remove it, now the backing is dried on there.....

Boy could i use some acid rain....

silver coating off but the white,mesh type backing still there....

slidebeforeandafter032.jpg

thanks

If I remember right, the adhesive thats on duct tape is some really nasty stuff. I heard it can destroy paint, and do not so good things to plastic.

You may want to try using Goof-off or some other chemical like that designed to remove glue and stickers.

So any good advice on how to remove it from the windshield.With out damaging it........ I used it when i cut down the shield, but of course failed to remove it, now the backing is dried on there.....

Boy could i use some acid rain....

silver coating off but the white,mesh type backing still there....

slidebeforeandafter032.jpg

thanks
If WD40 doesn't work for you there's a product called unseal that will remove it without damaging the plexiglass.

I had duct tape on my windscreen for about 48 hours. I took the screen off the bike and soaked it in a tub of hot soapy water overnight. Since I used the sink in the laundry room, I used liquid laundry detergent because it was conveniently at hand. :) Not only did the duct tape goo loosen up, but all the bug stains came off as well. I still had to rub the last of the duct tape goo off with a little car wax on a rag, but it didn't leave a mark on the screen.

Leave it for the next owner?

If you use Goo-Off or similar, they're going to need time. Try wetting strips of paper towel with the stuff, laying those on the duct tape residue, and covering with aluminum foil. Give it 20 minutes and re-wet the paper towels to repeat. After an hour or so the goo should be easy to get off.

BTW - The same aluminum foil covering trick works for black stuff cooked on exhaust pipes, but using oven cleaner and running the pipe to heat/activate the cleaner.

I'd use methyethylketone.....that'll get it off. Now we're talkin bout getting off.....eeeesh...I hate fridays.

Latest posts