Fork Adjustment Settings with New Ohlin Springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskaFJR

Reaction score
Folks,

Just upgraded the suspension on my 03 FJR to the Ohlins rear shock and matching Ohlins spring kit that replaces the OEM springs that came with the bike. The Ohlins supplier set the rear shock up for my wieght (190) and riding style but I have no baseline info on the front fork settings with the new "stronger" front springs. If some of you have the same setup. . . please chime in as to your settings and preferences on Fork preload, rebound, and dampening. Thanks !

Chief

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody can give you the Magical settings for your Bike.

Try reading your manual, adjust one thing at a time untill you find the ride you like.....

Nobody can give you the Magical settings for your Bike.
Try reading your manual, adjust one thing at a time untill you find the ride you like.....

Not looking for Magic. . . . In the absence of this forum with all its collective knowledge. . . . . that's exactly what I'd do. . . . Besides I'm just getting the bike put back together and it would be helpful to know where to start. The owner manual basline settings are intended for the stock OEM springs.