Forum member broken down - needs assistance - help a brotha out

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfletch69

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED BY CUSTOMS AGENT WITH BATTERY CHARGER. nothing to see here.

Don't run all of your electric farkles in a 2 hour stop and go line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got it worked out... I broke down on the bridge going the other way a couple weeks back, so I know how frustrating it can be.

Griff

I was posting for my buddy FJRBandit. He is heading up to Toronto for the Rush concert and was singing the blues. I thought I would send up the smoke signal for him.

Full marks to the Customs agent (does that mean I have to take back some of the things I've said about them)?

Now for the important bit; was he American or Canadian? :assassin:

Don

Full marks to the Customs agent (does that mean I have to take back some of the things I've said about them)?
Now for the important bit; was he American or Canadian? :assassin:

Don
he is American. Assisted by the Canadians. They lat him sail right through after he restarted. The funny thing is that we crossed the border twice last year....near Thunder Bay and Niagara....and both times they practically cavity searched him.

Thank's to Mfletch for the assistance, via telephone. He helped keep me from panic mode. Once we figured out that the PIAA's had likely drained the battery I coasted down the bridge and from there was assisted by a cute little Canuck border guard. It was a freaky situation to be sitting atop the crest of the bridge in a stop and go line of anxious cages and the damn bike wouldn't start.

After discussing the situation with Mike, we decided that I should coast down the bridge in the truck lane that was in light use and thus passable. At the bottom of the bridge where the guard booths are, the guard asked me what the hell was I doing? I explained that the bike wouldn't start and she then came over checked my ID, grilled me a little bit then called for the assistance truck. The little cutie showed up in just a minute or two and whipped out her jumper cables. I had a panel tool in the tank bag and removed the panel in seconds flat. We connected the cable and man, I can't tell you what a relief it was to hear that baby roar back to life! :yahoo:

I'm now safe at my hotel and headed to Toronto via train to try and hook up with some of the Rushcon folks. I'm riding in mattster's UpperCan 400 tomorrow and then back to Toronto for the Rush concert. pics to follow under a seperate thread as a ride report at some point. Thanks again to Mike!