forwards and sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krashdragon

Reaction score
If any has put both the Wild Bill Highway Pegs

AND the

AF1 Racing sliders ( the one with the backing plate)

on the same bike...

do they both use the same mounting points?

If not, would the highway pegs fit with the MoKo's that dont' need drilling ion the frame?

I dont' have the bike yet, so I cant' even look... getting my slightly used 05 next month...<G>

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mary

If any has put both the Wild Bill Highway Pegs AND the

on the same bike...

If not, would the highway pegs fit with the MoKo's that dont' need drilling ion the frame?

I dont' have the bike yet, so I cant' even look... getting my slightly used 05 next month...<G>

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mary
I have the moko's and they are absolutely clean looking, however I've been looking at the wild bill pegs and I don't think it will a problem. I'll let you know when I get them.

No worries. The AF1's mount like most of them, using the two upper side mounting bolts through the meat of the frame, according to the pics I saw at a web site. The Riley footpegs use 3 existing bolts to the rear of the left and right side covers, alt on the left and timing on the right, way lower than the engine mount points. A common setup, I have this as do many others, you will be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any has put both the Wild Bill Highway Pegs AND the

on the same bike...

If not,  would the highway pegs fit with the MoKo's that dont' need drilling ion the frame?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mary
I have the moko's and they are absolutely clean looking, however I've been looking at the wild bill pegs and I don't think it will a problem. I'll let you know when I get them.
Thanks... I would like to use both of them if possible...

will wait for you report....

Mary

No worries. The AF1's mount like most of them, using the two upper side mounting bolts through the meat of the frame, according to the pics I saw at a web site. The Riley footpegs use 3 existing bolts to the rear of the left and right side covers, alt on the left and timing on the right, way lower than the engine mount points. A common setup, I have this as do many others, you will be good to go.
Mary, not to worry! All slider mounting uses engine mounts, which means: on the top of the engine (as this engine "hangs" in the frame).

The travel pegs by Wild Bill mount on the engine covers of the alternator on the left and the timing case cover on the right.

Many of us using different types of slider also have the travel pegs. They mount nowhere near one another, so there will be no interference.

Mary, It's in the FSM. Torque the left side engine mounting bolts first & it's important to do this to keep vibes down... Later,,, De :rolleyes:

If you have or plan to install the Foot Guards, there is interfearance. Can't have the pegs extended with the guards installed. There is no conflict between the R&G sliders and either the pegs or the guards.

If you have or plan to install the Foot Guards, there is interfearance. Can't have the pegs extended with the guards installed. There is no conflict between the R&G sliders and either the pegs or the guards.
Ok, thanks!

foot guards mean the covers, like the suzuki hand grip covers?

Mary

There are "Foot Guards" available from this place. Many of us who ride during inclement Winter weather use them. We must remove the extended footpegs to install the footguards.

There are "Foot Guards" available from this place. Many of us who ride during inclement Winter weather use them. We must remove the extended footpegs to install the footguards.
I'm looke at theri stuff. nice

but as coordinated as I am, I'be be afraid i'd be kicking the guards and not get my feet down before i fell over! :D

thanks for the link...Ill have to see if I need those or not...

Mary

Actually, the foot guards don't come rearward that far. They "widen" the profile of the bodywork so that there is a bubble of protection around the rider's feet. I just measured from the footpeg (where your heel would "hook") to the front of the brake pedal is 7", to the foot guard is 12". If I don't kick them with my 14's, you should be safe.