Free GPX editor software, based on Google Earth

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
So, here's a new GPX/KML editing software that's available for free. It's based in part on Google Earth, so you can see the GPX files overlaid on a few different backgrounds, and get elevation views etc. There are some good tools to edit the tracks, reduce the file size, and manage multiple tracks in "sets".

Website

rideleader_earth.jpg

It's also tied into a community sharing site for off-road trails, www.ohvtrails.net. You dual-sporters can download files of shared off-road rides, or upload and share your own.

Let me know what you guys think, or if you have any good comments for development! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting, and very responsive. But I wonder if there's a "Snap to roads" feature? I recognize it's designed for trail riding, but this roads thing my be useful. (Google Earth has paths, but they don't snap to. Google maps snaps to, but it's slow and painful to draw a route.)

Thanks for the share.

Cat's been out of the bag for the better part of a year, but this forum isn't the place for it. You can browse the site that has the software available, and it should be pretty obvious.