FREE "I.C.E." Info Tag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, some threads just shouldn't be brought back to life. After making and sending out a couple hundred of these things, I won't be gearing up production again. But I had some left over, which I've been carrying around for the last couple of years, and giving away at FJR gatherings and to random riders I met on the road ever since. Turned out, when I saw this thread resurrected, I had exactly TWO left, so I'll send those to the two folks who PM'd me when they saw it here today. But sorry, that's going to do it for me. Maybe somebody can think of a way to get something similar made up and pick up the torch? Like one of those websites that makes customized key fobs maybe? They'd be a little more expensive, and a LOT less of a PITA. :)

^^^Holy cow, I can't believe you have any of those left. That's a lot of good Karma coming your way for hooking those guys up! I LOVE my tags. Have them in my jackets.

You know, I never did formally thank you publicly for the one you gave me. I think it was at SWFOG or the Spearfish meet up last year. But thank you for this, I still wear my dog tags with my ICE information as well, but this tag is attached to my front jacket pocket with another tag on it. This has given me peace of mind in my piece of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you responded Mike, you did a good service many years ago - no telling how many people actually had their first responders use them. Truly a gift that keeps on giving.

This option isn't free, however it is dirt cheep...

Medical Information Carrier

carrier_moto-300x108.png

This is a vinyl sleeve with a tab that two-face tapes onto the left rear side of your helmet. It comes with a form that you fill out with pencil that folds up neatly and tucks inside.

At $5.00 for a two pack, it's a bargain.

IMG_0836_zps1r1aolz5.jpg

IMG_0839_zpsahbiip5c.jpg

I've carried one on my helmet for more years than I can remember.

IMG_0831_zps1wtqdfbf.jpg

Hope this helps the one who resurrected this fossilized thread.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I'm afraid to ask how removing a helmet causes paralysis, especially if it's done properly. All the studies show if you aren't paralyzed during the original insult, the odds of injuring the cord after the incident is extremely low. That's an interesting card and place for it, but generally speaking almost everyone goes for the wallet.. unless it's very obvious not to.

Lol I'm afraid to ask how removing a helmet causes paralysis, especially if it's done properly. All the studies show if you aren't paralyzed during the original insult, the odds of injuring the cord after the incident is extremely low. That's an interesting card and place for it, but generally speaking almost everyone goes for the wallet.. unless it's very obvious not to.
Interesting. But I've seen (in Turkey) a ped get run over by the front wheels of a taxi (they're often shared there), and all the occupants--four of them--jump out and grab the feet sticking out from between the front and back wheels, jerk the poor guy out, stand him up, toss him in the back of the car, and tear away. Guess I'm saying it may not always be done "properly." ;)

(I had a sticker I picked up at one of the bike shows on an old helmet. It was from one of those "motorcycle lawyers" who always set up shop at those places. It read: "CAUTION! If you see this helmet on the ground, and my head is still in it, leave it alone and call 911.")

The newest study that just came out last year (I think) justifies the movement away long boards and spinal collars. Mainly because the way we used to do it had no science backing up the methods.