From The Mountains, To The Ocean!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
Brenda got invited to go up to her friend's cabin in Big Bear, so we cut our Reno 4th of July trip short to accomodate. She was on her way south Friday and I just fueled up to head back up toward Reno when she called and said the battery light came on again in the Camry. We had the same problem on the way to Reno and I had the battery and alternator tested at Kragen, the only place open on July 4th. They said the alternator was good but the battery failed. One new battery later, we were back in business, or so I thought. I had Brenda turn back for home. She canceled her cabin outing and I took the alternator to a reputable local dealer, where it failed the voltage test. I put on a new one, so we headed up to Sacramento on the bike Saturday afternoon. My uncle, who lives in Fair Oaks and put us up Saturday night, rode out on his V Star to meet up with us in Stockton. We went back to his place, then out for dinner and dessert on the bikes Saturday night. Sunday Bren and I woke up ready to ride. We left a note and headed out. From Fair Oaks we rode up to Ice House Resort for breakfast and then back down the hill on the 50 to 80 to 680 to 880 to 17 and finally the 1 through Monterey and down the coast to Morro Bay for dinner and then back home. All in all, 585 miles on Sunday alone. It was a blast, the traffic was decent and the weather was fantastic! Damn, those sport bike guys don't have much respect for the double yellow lines, or laws in general for that matter. One of them did drop a bike at one point on the 1, we got there after the event, during cleanup. The bad apples give us all a bad reputation, but I imagine some of the stuff I do might roll a few eyes now and again. :bigeyes:

As you crested 17 at the summit you were two minutes from my house! Next time you pass through gimme a shout! We could have hit some twisties and kept you off the highway ( too bad I was at the races all weekend B) .. but next time.... free guided tour available! ) :D

Next time you pass through gimme a shout!
I did, remember? You said you were going to the races...

We could have hit some twisties and kept you off the highway ( too bad I was at the races all weekend.. but next time.... free guided tour available!
I'll take you up on that. There will definitely be another trip up that way this summer.

and Fair Oaks neighbors Orangevale. You passed a few FJR owners...we would have just slowed you down
We were on a mission. There will be others...

Last edited by a moderator: