Front End Maintenance for KrZy8

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the seals for the steering bearings, is there a supplier other then All-Balls? Seems silly to buy their bearing package just for the seals, heh.
I agree. Maybe Yamaha? It's been so long since I did this.. but IIRC the AB kit was cheap.

It's not as if these bearings are spinning to generate any heat or wear, and way more bearing area than balls, so... why not go with the All Balls kit.

Freaking PhotoBucket.. 

Just to keep PB pissed off, I'm leaving my pics there to increase their stupid linked picture bandwith costs..

See text from above then match pictures below..

https://candybuttorg.ipage.com/cba/comment/827#comment-827

dCarver 2020-03-18

------------------------------------------

Front End Maintenance for KrZy8Bearings, fork oil, brake pads and moreDoing some front end work on an 06 with approx 70k and 3+ years on the clock.Planned maintenance includes:* Replace upper triple tree with Heli* Replace steering head ball bearings and races with Timken rollers* Replace brake pads* Replace fork oil* Reroute wiring - gps, xm radio, cc, etc* Whatever else I think of..Some of you have already been there, done that. For others, you might enjoy the photo essay and see parts of your Feejer you've not yet seen... 

My working environment. Not the best, crowded, hand tools only, but I got Elvis on the TV..

x  

x  

x  

x  

x  

x  

x  

x  

x  

x  

x  

x