• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Bill Mayer Saddle - Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheeseyRider

Reaction score
For sale is a Bill Mayer saddle (front only). I bought this from a forum member in May. It was 6 weeks old when I bought it. I put about 2000 miles on it. I'm selling it because it makes the bike too tall for me to comfortably handle in stop-n-go traffic. Love the seat comfort, but I had several close calls of dropping the bike, and then I finally did drop it when stopped, so it's gotta go.

It was made for a rider 6' 1" and 200lbs (I'm 5'9" and 260lbs). Asking $275 plus shipping. Pictures available at following link:

My link

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of leg length do you have? I'm about 5-11 but have 'short legs' (29").

The seat looks like it's about 1-1/2" taller"

Is it comfortable? The stock and Sargent seats are producing numbness inside my legs.

Seems like most designs go 'taller'... I think the bike is too wide and they go for height.

Does it adjust for height as per the stock version? I'm 6' 3" and around 230lbs, inseam 33" and find the stock seat hard on my buttocks pretty quickly. I've just raised it up and can comfortably flat foot when stopped. How does that compare for you on the Mayer?

I could be interested if TwilightZone doesn't progress.

Spose it's the same question as Twilight...Inseam?

Last edited by a moderator:
For sale is a Bill Mayer saddle (front only). I bought this from a forum member in May. It was 6 weeks old when I bought it. I put about 2000 miles on it. I'm selling it because it makes the bike too tall for me to comfortably handle in stop-n-go traffic. Love the seat comfort, but I had several close calls of dropping the bike, and then I finally did drop it when stopped, so it's gotta go.

It was made for a rider 6' 1" and 200lbs (I'm 5'9" and 260lbs). Asking $275 plus shipping. Pictures available at following link:

My link
Hello Cheeseyrider. I noticed in both of the pics of the bike, the seat is located in the high position. If it can be moved to the lower position, it might work for you or someone else on the board who might like to buy it.

What sort of leg length do you have? I'm about 5-11 but have 'short legs' (29").

The seat looks like it's about 1-1/2" taller"

Is it comfortable? The stock and Sargent seats are producing numbness inside my legs.

Seems like most designs go 'taller'... I think the bike is too wide and they go for height.
My inseam is 29" - It does add about 1 1/2". Combine that with the high center of gravity is the root cause of the sale.

Very comfortable seat once I'm rolling.

My link
Hello Cheeseyrider. I noticed in both of the pics of the bike, the seat is located in the high position. If it can be moved to the lower position, it might work for you or someone else on the board who might like to buy it.

You're correct that the pics are in the high position as I didn't initially know you could use the low setting. However, I rode in low position for most of the time I owned it. I bought a Corbin, which is much lower, and harder. Too bad I can't get the comfort of the Mayer and the height of the Corbin.

My link
Sale Pending.

Well if my ass doesn't like it, the next in line can buy it from me. I'll even give them $5 off for my butt touching it. :)

Well if my ass doesn't like it, the next in line can buy it from me. I'll even give them $5 off for my butt touching it. :)
Can I be the next ass in line, in a manner of speaking?

just pm me so I'll remember.

Done

Just answered your message.

Status of seat is that YummYam now owns it. As a person with obviously too short arms, I can seat in the seat 'pocket' or hold the bars, but not do both <_<

I sit pretty far squashed against the tank I guess. Time to once again contemplate spending that cash on the day-long.