• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Gen 2 & Gen 3 FJR Russell Day Long heated saddle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mingo

Reaction score
For sale, new and never used Russell Day Long heated seat and recovered passenger seat with built in rider's backrest bracket for Gen 2 and Gen 3 FJR's.

The seat is built for a sub 230 lbs rider on the regular seat suspension. I'm 165 lbs, 30" inseam and 5' 9". Russell recommends a heavy duty seat suspension if you're above 230 lbs, so if that's you this seat isn't for you.

I had intended to attach the heat harness to my switched Fuzeblock. The harness has a quick release coupling and an illuminated switch.

The passenger seat has the built in bracket for the adjustable Russell backrest. The backrest is NOT included, I'm keeping it to use it on my other bike.

Due to a change in my personal circumstance, I had to part with the FJR before I received the seats so the seat's not even broken in yet. The seats are built on OEM FJR seats.

My cost on all this was $890, I'm selling both seats, with heat in the driver's seat and the built in backrest bracket for $500 plus shipping from NY 14305. Paypal preferred.

i-rtK473R-XL.jpg

i-fw3FRJS-XL.jpg

i-psn3wdj-XL.jpg

i-862RBXm-XL.jpg

I'm a long time Russell customer, I've had about 8 or 9 seats. If you're not within my general size, I don't recommend you get this, as it will not fit you. If you're over 230 lbs, this one's not for you. :D

I'm a long time Russell customer, I've had about 8 or 9 seats. If you're not within my general size, I don't recommend you get this, as it will not fit you. If you're over 230 lbs, this one's not for you.
biggrin.png
But could be sent back to Russell to be modified..?

To move from the standard to the heavy-duty suspension is, essentially, a ground-up rebuild. I suspect the price would be about the same as a new seat.