Future FJR Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is a downside to living in an era where virtually every household has multiple machines that exceed the capabilities of the original Cray supercomputer, the Cray I, it's that my first instinct was to believe that this video was faked. I had to watch it a couple times before I believed it was real.

Lotta guts right there. The *only* time I ever put myself in the hospital due to m/c riding was on a dirt bike (and I've hit a deer at 70mph on a street bike that couldn't do it). My sessions usually involved jump after jump after jump. With each one, I'd wick it up a little more, fly a little further. Lather, rinse, repeat. But every single session on a dirt bike ended with a jump that almost went *way* wrong. I'd land it horribly, but not bent or broken. Then my adrenalin would take over, and I'd start to shake a little, and I'd lose my ability to focus, and I'd decide I was better off heading for the barn. Every ride. I think it would be impossible for me to do what Chad Reed did - get back on and back in the race.

That was one of the scariest crashes I've seen in motocross. I'm surprised it didn't end his day or even his season. I was watching the race on Speed and couldn't believe when he got back on the bike. If you watch him after the crash, he is out cold for about 30 seconds. Then he slowly gets up, starts the bike, and rides off. Reed is one tough guy. And... he was dead last at that point and by the end of the moto he finished around 10th. He passed a lot of fast dudes. And you know what he did the very next lap after that crash? He jumped that same jump perfectly. Reed is one tough dude.