G2 Throttle tube and Cam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Alger

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get the G2 Throttle tube and cam to control throttle abruptness on a 2006?

Thanks

I wrote a review on the G2 a while back. I found it a worthwhile addition to the FJR.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the G2 Throttle tube and cam to control throttle abruptness on a 2006?

Thanks
Kevin,

Can you (or can anyone else with this unit installed), comment on the fit on the handlebar? The stock throttle tube is pretty loose and rattles at certain engine RPMs, making the buzz worse in the right grip at certain times (no I'm not holding on too tight). If the G2 tube fits more snugly, I'm thinking it could help. I know the '08 and up doesn't necessarily "need" the Throttle Tamer, but farkle fever never really goes away... just into remission from time to time.

I had one on my '07. I remember it fitting quite nice. The stock tube is plastic and the the G2 is aluminum. I found it to be much higher quality than stock and there was not as much free play...

My G2 fit very well also. If you install the G2 be sure to check throttle cable slack.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are inclined to do some minor work, the stock tube can be easily modified,

I cut down the groove for the throttle cable (using hack saw blades) to closely match the profile of the G2 tube.

Cheap and effective.

I recently installed a G2 throttle tube on my 2007 which I purchased from https://www.revzilla.com

I used a combination of slim screwdriver along with some WD40 to loosen up the grip and then blew in compressed air to finish the removal.

Once installed, I also removed all cable slack via the adjustment on the cable a few inches from the handlebar.

I find a very noticeable improvement in slow speed throttle response. To me, this was a definitely a worthwhile modification.

Latest posts