BrakeAway Throttle lock and heated grips??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again,
I also getting the Fobo bike 2 in the mail to day, at least that was what FedEx told me. Looking forward to se how they works. Don't think I will mount it today, nor the 7CP02 unit. It's about 15....17 degrees below outside, eaven I the garage 😂😱. But I will get back to you when I do, an leave som pictures.

Hi, about the Brakeaway 7CP02 unit. I got the cheap one from Rydness, bought on Ebay in the mail today. Unpacked it, and took a look how it will fit... and yeees👍😂. It will work on my Fjr 1300 AS ( AE), with factory heated grip. Looked very nice to be 600 nok. inkluding vat and shipping. The original is about 2700 nok. inkluding vat and shipping.... so looking forward to mounting it.
All I had to do was to turn the break lever a littlebit...and I mean a little bit. So that's it folks. It going to work. I'll put out some pictures along the way, when I'm mounting it.
Geir Ove.
Ps.
Happy new year folks😊.
It will be a wile before I can take my lady out... snow.... alot of it.
Doesn't look like you will be riding anywhere for a little while!
We normally have quite a bit of snow at this time of year but currently just a couple of centimeters on the ground. I had my bike out as recently as December 27 which is later than I ever did in the past. No major snowfall in our forecast although we are slowly getting back to normal winter temperatures.
(New Brunswick, Canada)

Great that you found a functional inexpensive solution for a throttle lock.

Doesn't look like you will be riding anywhere for a little while!
We normally have quite a bit of snow at this time of year but currently just a couple of centimeters on the ground. I had my bike out as recently as December 27 which is later than I ever did in the past. No major snowfall in our forecast although we are slowly getting back to normal winter temperatures.
(New Brunswick, Canada)

Great that you found a functional inexpensive solution for a throttle lock.
Hi,
Yes I think it will be OK.... but I also think, if it'll be as good working as I think, purchase the original one. I can se there is a slight difference in the adjusting. The Rudyness dosent have the possibility to adust pressure on the inner ring against the throttle after you have mounted the outer ring. A small issue, but.... I'll se how it goes.... Snow.... Hehe, we have approximately 2 m of snow now, so... pretty fed up with it😂❄️. We haven't had that amount of snow in the last hundred years, and all came in 4....5 days. And I have a pretty lage courtyard room😱. Take the showeling as a workout💪😂.

Hi again,
I also getting the Fobo bike 2 in the mail to day, at least that was what FedEx told me. Looking forward to se how they works. Don't think I will mount it today, nor the 7CP02 unit. It's about 15....17 degrees below outside, eaven I the garage 😂😱. But I will get back to you when I do, an leave som pictures.
I use the FOBO Bike 2 and the most important thing to me was getting metal T valves installed at regular tire changes. This way the only time TPMS is removed is when it's time for a battery change, about every 3 yrs for me.

https://www.tpms.ca/t-valve tire valve for tires, tire pressure monitoring systems, tpms.html

I use the FOBO Bike 2 and the most important thing to me was getting metal T valves installed at regular tire changes. This way the only time TPMS is removed is when it's time for a battery change, about every 3 yrs for me.

https://www.tpms.ca/t-valve tire valve for tires, tire pressure monitoring systems, tpms.html
Yes, I'd order the t-valvs as well.... And not to crawl around on my knees to check the tire pressure ( a prosedyre i leave out to often), and immediately get a warning if you have a leak. They seem to be great.

Yes, I'd order the t-valvs as well.... And not to crawl around on my knees to check the tire pressure ( a prosedyre i leave out to often), and immediately get a warning if you have a leak. They seem to be great.
I never really considered using TPMS before but when I bought a Garmin 595 gps I tried Garmin's and was hooked. Not needing a pressure gauge and not getting on the ground to air up is well worth it to me.

When you do get everything installed, be sure to check the FOBO display against your favorite pressure gauge. On mine, FOBO indicates about 1.5 psi lower than my gauge so I pump up just a little more now.

Hi, about the Brakeaway 7CP02 unit. I got the cheap one from Rydness, bought on Ebay in the mail today. Unpacked it, and took a look how it will fit... and yeees👍😂. It will work on my Fjr 1300 AS ( AE), with factory heated grip. Looked very nice to be 600 nok. inkluding vat and shipping. The original is about 2700 nok. inkluding vat and shipping.... so looking forward to mounting it.
All I had to do was to turn the break lever a littlebit...and I mean a little bit. So that's it folks. It going to work. I'll put out some pictures along the way, when I'm mounting it.
Geir Ove.
Ps.
Happy new year folks😊.

Geir Ove.
Ps.
Happy new year folks😊.
Hi, I hav mountet the Rydness ( cheap version) Brakeaway on my Fjr, with heated internal grips..... and I t works👌. A small amount of hassle, but I went great in the end. You will expect som fine tuning.
Hi,
Yes I think it will be OK.... but I also think, if it'll be as good working as I think, purchase the original one. I can se there is a slight difference in the adjusting. The Rudyness dosent have the possibility to adust pressure on the inner ring against the throttle after you have mounted the outer ring. A small issue, but.... I'll se how it goes.... Snow.... Hehe, we have approximately 2 m of snow now, so... pretty fed up with it😂❄️. We haven't had that amount of snow in the last hundred years, and all came in 4....5 days. And I have a pretty lage courtyard room😱. Take the showeling as a workout💪😂.
Hi, I have mountet the cheap version ( Rydness), Brakeaway throttle lock. I have factory mountet heated grips. Everything works swell. Yohoo..... It worked.

Hi, I hav mountet the Rydness ( cheap version) Brakeaway on my Fjr, with heated internal grips..... and I t works👌. A small amount of hassle, but I went great in the end. You will expect som fine tuning.

Hi, I have mountet the cheap version ( Rydness), Brakeaway throttle lock. I have factory mountet heated grips. Everything works swell. Yohoo..... It worked.

Attachments

• 1000002471.mp4
    30 MB
  • 20240226_071123.jpg
    20240226_071123.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240226_071117.jpg
    20240226_071117.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I'd aust it so it snaps out of it with the lever further out. Now I can nearly touch the break lever whitout it snaps of👍. I don't k ow of the original version, fram Brakeaway is a better produkt, I reckon that, sins the cost is about 6...7 times mor ecspensive.... But at the end I think I Eil go for the Mc cruise controll. Heard a lot of good things about that. Try this for this season, and see how it works. So far so good, and the cost was about 600..700 nok.

I'd aust it so it snaps out of it with the lever further out. Now I can nearly touch the break lever whitout it snaps of👍. I don't k ow of the original version, fram Brakeaway is a better produkt, I reckon that, sins the cost is about 6...7 times mor ecspensive.... But at the end I think I Eil go for the Mc cruise controll. Heard a lot of good things about that. Try this for this season, and see how it works. So far so good, and the cost was about 600..700 nok.
Sorry for all the writhing mistakes. Big fingers, small knobs, an not so sturdy I writing english😂. Hooe you understand what I meen at the end. A Norwegian hillbilly, trying the best he can. Bare over with me🤣😂🤘.

The OP is the Original Poster, the guy who started the thread. He started it 8 months ago and never responded. We don't know if he ever followed up on this.
Oh, I don't know what I did, but I did mount, and tried it, and it works with my 2007 mod, AS, with factory heated grips👌.