After market slip on exhaust for my 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rysaman

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m considering installing a pair of slips on’s to my 2007 FJR. It doesn’t seem too difficult a job to get done in less than an hour, but my question is does anyone have any experience in what model number or type I’d need for the right fit, or are slips on’s universally sized?? Do the pipes have to be specific for an FJR? I’m also noticing there are different length exhaust pipes available. Anything about that I should keep in mind when shopping. Also if anyone has a lead on some reasonably priced used, in decent shape Acropovic, Two Brothers, or Delkevic slips on’s let me know what you are asking for them. Thanks a bunch.

You would need something designed for the FJR, but I believe they are the same fit for all model years. The "Cans" are typically all the same for many different bikes, but but the mid pipe design and mounting are model-specific.

The shorter the muffler the noisier it gets. 2Bros with baffles are okay, w/o too obnoxious for my taste. I have a set of Yoshimura / Yamaha aftermarket pipes on my '15. Very pleasing tone that sounds great on wind-up!

Lots of choices out there...good luck!

~G

I installed a set of Black Widow slip-ons. Black Widow also sells the link pipes.
They look and sound good. I have left the dB killers in at this stage.

IMG_7013.JPG

I also have these on my ZZR1200.
I have in the past used Delkevics on an FJ1200. Good quality and sound. I prefer the Black Widows however.

I have never been one to prefer louder over quieter. My original 2007 came with a set of Leo Vince pipes on it and I ended out switching to the OEM after 30,000 miles or so. There weren't awful for noise but they were louder than stock and getting louder. One thing many people aren't aware of is the need to repack many (most) aftermarket cans after a time. The fibreglass packing deteriorates and gets blown out significantly reducing the muffler's ability to muffle.

The OEM cans have stainless baffles which are good for the life of the bike, in most cases. My 2011 came with a nice set of Staintunes which are also stainless steel baffled. I like them for the appearance and with the decibel killers, they are no louder than stock.

Hi ye all good topic to chat about would ye know best place to get engine bars and the rear set as well for 2998 Fjr.also the front brake discs i think need replacing as the revits holding the outer section of the discs appear to be slightly loose on the revits that keep them attached to the centre plate..

the front brake discs i think need replacing as the revits holding the outer section of the discs appear to be slightly loose on the revits that keep them attached to the centre plate..
Those are fine - floating rotors. Check to make sure that the rotor thickness is within spec.

Hi ye all good topic to chat about would ye know best place to get engine bars and the rear set as well for 2998 Fjr
What year???? (2008??)
A search for Engine+guards will net a bunch of hits. T-Rex, R-Gaza, SW Motech come to mind. Various sources...

Hello everyone, I’m considering installing a pair of slips on’s to my 2007 FJR. It doesn’t seem too difficult a job to get done in less than an hour, but my question is does anyone have any experience in what model number or type I’d need for the right fit, or are slips on’s universally sized?? Do the pipes have to be specific for an FJR? I’m also noticing there are different length exhaust pipes available. Anything about that I should keep in mind when shopping. Also if anyone has a lead on some reasonably priced used, in decent shape Acropovic, Two Brothers, or Delkevic slips on’s let me know what you are asking for them. Thanks a bunch.
Delkevic would be my choice. have had many different bikes and many different exhaust. I slipped on a pair of Delkevic on my 2020 FJR nice beautiful low tone. not obnoxious at all. and at cruising speed no louder that the wind noise over my helmet. they do get your attention when winding her up. but i feel when in traffic, even though i always make an attempt to never ride in some ones blind spot but it does get forced on you. the pipes sound lets them know you are there.

Those are fine - floating rotors. Check to make sure that the rotor thickness is within spec.
Hub

What year???? (2008??)
A search for Engine+guards will net a bunch of hits. T-Rex, R-Gaza, SW Motech come to mind. Various sources...
Yes a 2008 model if I tapp the discs I can hear a like a rattle noise come from the disc also when I'm out riding and if the road surface is a kind of rough I can hear a rattle type noise coming from the front of the bike on a smoothie surface hardly any noise.. Thank for your reply to my question..