• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garmin Zumo 660LM - Newly Overhauled - Good Price - SOLD OUT!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bait and switch... they called me 2 days later saying the refurb was no longer available, even though I ordered directly from their site - you'd think they knew their own stock levels.

They CAN sell me a new one for more $$, though..

Bait and switch... they called me 2 days later saying the refurb was no longer available, even though I ordered directly from their site - you'd think they knew their own stock levels.
They CAN sell me a new one for more $$, though..
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that. That is poor business practice.

Hmm... years ago I got a lifetime map GPS from Costco, and it came with ads - as in, you'd be driving and an ad would pop up on the screen, obscuring part of it for a few seconds. Thankfully Costco has a great return policy, back it went!

I don't know if it was Garmin or Magellan, but wondering if that's why these are sold with lifetime maps?

Hmm... years ago I got a lifetime map GPS from Costco, and it came with ads - as in, you'd be driving and an ad would pop up on the screen, obscuring part of it for a few seconds. Thankfully Costco has a great return policy, back it went!
I don't know if it was Garmin or Magellan, but wondering if that's why these are sold with lifetime maps?
No ads present. My last GPS had lifetime maps and never had an ad, and I haven't seen any on this unit. You are restricted w/ the number of updates per year, I believe, however, Once or twice a year, you can update.

I doubt that there are more than 4 map updates even available each year. My Nuvi 1490LMT only seems to find a map update a couple of times / year. It MIGHT be 4X / year, but how many roads actually change in 3 months anyway? On my old TomTom GO 740 in my car, I have updated the maps ONCE in the many years I have owned it, and I have only noticed a discrepancy twice during that entire time.

I see they have a 590LM refurbished $200 less than a new one. Back when I had a 550 I started having issues and paid $100 I think to get a refurbished replacement. The replacement was worse than my original one. They replaced the second one free and it worked but had some gremlins for sure. I'm thinking do I roll the dice on a refurbished 590 to save $200?

Have you guys had good luck with refurbished units?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see they have a 590LM refurbished $200 less than a new one. Back when I had a 550 I started having issues and paid $100 I think to get a refurbished replacement. The replacement was worse than my original one. They replaced the second one free and it worked but had some gremlins for sure. I'm thinking do I roll the dice on a refurbished 590 to save $200?
Have you guys had good luck with refurbished units?
Yes.

Pretty sure if you send any new unit back under warranty you'll most likely get back a refurbed replacement anyways. I think this might be true with most electrical components also, eg. sound bars, cameras, etc. I got comfortable with it awhile ago, especially after I was assured that the refurb units are probably checked out more thoroughly than the new ones and most carry the same warranty as new. I currently have a warranty refurbed Montana 650 sitting on the shelf and it definitely didn't show any of the quirks of my original. (I really should get that listed in the For Sale section.)

Arrgh. I ordered one, too and then I looked for reviews for this outfit. To say that they are 'mixed' would be charitable - they're pretty lousy and on several of the sites negative reviews outnumber positive ones about 20 to 1. So - I hope I get the GPS and that it's in good working order.

Cross your fingers, Hawk Pilot!

I got mine (new) yesterday.

For those of you that have them, what is the mini USB connector on the car adapter for? I thought I could connect it to my PC via USB there, but it does not work for that. Apparently you must use the mini USB connector in the battery compartment.

Everything (else) seems to work properly on mine. Working through the Audio Multitasking on the Sena 20S today.