Gathering of the Clans 2016 - October 7 through 9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do they have Uber in Redding?
Yep - but it goes something like this up there....

10959855_772352876184224_2286270184807207668_n_wide-84686dc93709444708c864ee13741a2ccba63743-s900-c85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try harder blondie...leave now and you can join me and Fontanaman for a most excellent ride south!

Can I move in with you and Jill after? Pretty sure the locks'd be changed here LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
If George and Jill don't have room we do. Hell you can bring that POS Harley if you want to. I need another tractor.:) :) :) :)

Safely in Klamath Falls for the night. Fontanaman is busily plotting our route for tomorrow, trying to miss most of the rain [and snow] on the higher passes.

Me thinks the coast [and warmer temps] is calling our name tomorrow...
rolleyes.gif

--G

Fontanaman and I are composing a proper ride report...but in the mean time, a couple teaser pics.

Leaving Klamath Falls this morning, we delayed our departure two hours to miss the worst of the weather...gotta love October rides!

DSCN3133_zpszolyhnq5.jpg

Once the clouds [and snow] lifted the views were out.

DSCN3137_zpsfckxjcbx.jpg

Hold up tonight in Fortuna. Lost Coast, Ave of the Giants and points south are on the agenda for tomorrow. Wine country for Tuesday and then move east to the Sierra Foothills.

--G

Yeah --G and I found the snowmen above today, 30 minutes later a couple of Peacocks along Hoy Road outside of Weed, got rained on pretty good on Hwy 3 near Scott Mountain Pass and avoided a downpour in Weaverville by having lunch at Subway. We got even luckier having undercover parking at the Subway, letting the storm pass and heading to Fortuna. All in all a very interesting and nice day. We also found construction along Hwy 299 was a good thing. We moved to the front of the line on the one way stop light constructions zones - that was very nice as the road had dried so we got to enjoy some twisty bits along Hwy 299 on a Sunday afternoon unobstructed. Whooo hooo!

Forecast is the least of your problems, riding with escapefjrtist and Fontanaman will bring on a whole new set of problems. Jealous, not me ...JSNS!
They are rolling into our pad tonight. Wednesday they are on their own and I suspect Bucks Lake and LaPorte Rd are in order but Thursday I have some knarly goat trails butter smooth roads for us to ride on.
whistle.gif

Tyler --> Thx for setting up dinners.

Friday is a travel day for me, so I may not roll into Redding by 6:30 - tentatively yes, but start without me.

Count me in (+1) for Saturday!