Gathering of the Clans! August 2-3-4-5

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny Thing happened on the way home from the 'Clans'... I got lost in Montana!
rolleyes.gif
N'uff said!

Thanks Richard for providing the excuse to finally make it down there. It won't be the last time!
yahoo.gif

Oh yeah, and a big thanks to Richard for doing this, and getting the dog tags!

Great Time, great rides and it was to short wish it was two weeks long

Steve O (SPUTNIC PILOT)
Steve,

Sorry we lost you in the LA traffic. Glad you got home OK!

Last edited by a moderator:
After viewing the pics here.. I'm having serious doubts aboot headin' that way come September.... Damn! ya got's a buncha homely peeps oot that way. :lol:

And O'Keeffe was (thankfully) noticeably absent.

After viewing the pics here.. I'm having serious doubts aboot headin' that way come September.... Damn! ya got's a buncha homely peeps oot that way. :lol:

And O'Keeffe was (thankfully) noticeably absent.
Homely and Horney, that's why we had OM tendin' the sheep.... :unsure:

Ok, so the best line I heard was on our Humboldt Bay Circuit ride on Saturday, Due to the lack of Mammeries, I always forget mens names,

While we were in Ferndale, The guy on the Harley tried Dan's AE FJR for a test spin, upon returning 20 minutes later he uttered,

"There is no reason to have that much power"

We all had a good chuckle!

FWFE

Ok, so the best line I heard was on our Humboldt Bay Circuit ride on Saturday, Due to the lack of Mammeries, I always forget mens names,

While we were in Ferndale, The guy on the Harley tried Dan's AE FJR for a test spin, upon returning 20 minutes later he uttered,

"There is no reason to have that much power"

We all had a good chuckle!

FWFE
That was actually my bike. One of my favorite looks was when I told him there was no clutch and he needed to switch gears with his fingers! He went on to say that he got it up to 90 mph without any effort and it did not feel that fast. :lol:

Syl and I are safe at home after 10 days, 2,500 miles, lots of smiles, catching up with many old friends, making some new ones, the birth of a new granddaughter in Vancouver (saw her when she was 4 days old), and never cracking out our foul weather gear! (told you that you should have headed north with us Mark!)

Thanks Richard for making this happen, and thank-you Bust for making the cool dog tags. While originally thinking that having my name on it would have been way cool, I changed my mind after I saw that Don Carver's tag from 2011 officially named him "ThimbleDick"

See y'all soon, although a trek to San Diego in mid-summer next year seems unlikely at best for us...