• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 1 seat - Sargent, Saddleman, ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairytat

Reaction score
I thought I would take a chance and see if any members have a Gen 1 seat hanging around that they might want to sell.

I currently have the Yamaha/Corbin seat and it's just really uncomfortable.

I know, I should order a Russell. I don't have funds to do that at the moment. I was hoping to give something else a try without investing $500-600.

there are other options other than a russel day long....do a search for seats and that will give you a ton of info

there are other options other than a russel day long....do a search for seats and that will give you a ton of info
Hey mavrik, I've done a bunch of research. It's difficult to make a decision about such an expensive accessory when you can't try them out. There aren't many FJRs around here. I've seen one locally with a Russell but I've never seen the Sargent or the Saddleman in person. I want to try something besides the stock Corbin. See if it makes a big difference or not.

Fairytat,

I would be interested in a swap.

Or I have a Top Saddlery (spelling)for sale or swap.

Fairytat,I would be interested in a swap.

Or I have a Top Saddlery (spelling)for sale or swap.
PM sent
smile.png

Had a Saddleman for a previous bike. Swore to myself never again. Used it on my first BBG and it was the only seat (including OEM) that I've had that actually made it painful to get back on the bike after getting gas.

I have a stock Gen 1 seat. Rider seat has gel insert passenger seat is stock. I bought this seat off of the forum a few months ago to use while my Russell was being built. $100 plus shipping.