• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

gen 1 top rack with Givi mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timan

Reaction score
I have top rack with Givi mount from gen 1 that I traded. Very easy to swap out and a quality piece. I'll take $150.00 for both pieces and pay shipping to lower 48. PM your email and I will be happy to reply with pics.

I have top rack with Givi mount from gen 1 that I traded. Very easy to swap out and a quality piece. I'll take $150.00 for both pieces and pay shipping to lower 48. PM your email and I will be happy to reply with pics.
If you have m/c stuff in trade, I will consider that too.

Obviously I have the rack and mount overpriced. My price was based on what I paid for the pieces. I'll take $100.00 and pay the shipping to lower 48. The rack is powder coated black and Givi mount is newer version. I wasn't trying to gouge you riders, just didn't realize actual value.

Obviously I have the rack and mount overpriced. My price was based on what I paid for the pieces. I'll take $100.00 and pay the shipping to lower 48. The rack is powder coated black and Givi mount is newer version. I wasn't trying to gouge you riders, just didn't realize actual value.
I hope it's okay to link to Craigslist: https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/3033540089.html I don't know how to add pics.

Credit for an assist :lol:

5N45E15F33Mc3F63J9c5n342832fedf171534.jpg

5Ff5H35Mc3Ef3Gd3L7c5n95f72e75a7e717ad.jpg

ADMIN NOTE:

Purchaser didn't read the terms of the forum on sales. Contents redacted.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Purchaser didn't read the terms of the forum on sales. Contents redacted.

Looks to me like miscommunication, but he's offered to give you a full refund, so why's the seller to be avoided?

And is that personal email you posted or personal messages sent on the board?

$40 for both pieces. Emails were personal and from here.

The point being is that I was under the belief that I was getting both pieces, not the same exact piece that I already owned

Read the ad where it says both pieces for $100 then he deep discounts it to me, ($40) and I thought he was just trying to get it out of his garage. I asked for the rack and I got the plate only.

Anyway it's been a bad experience.

Again, miscommunication. He says he'll ship the Givi Mount, not the mount and the rack and not both pieces. Granted, I might have read it the way you read it too, but that's what miscommunication is.

The seller has agreed to refund your money in full. Yet you out him on the board as ripping you off and tell everyone to stay away from him.

My question about the nature of the messages is because of this. You state that the emails were personal. Generally quoting PM's or emails is considered bad form. In addition it's a violation of the board policies you agreed to when you signed up.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, troll-like, or otherwise violative of any law.
The seller had a reasonable assumption of privacy of your communication and and you violated that trust by posting it here. Not cool.

At the very end of it, you have an offer to make it right and get your money back. What is your purpose for dragging the seller through the mud?

This thread is done. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.