Gen II Diagnostic Mode and d09 reading

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcobb

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
In researching a fault code 14 issue, I was running thru the Diagnostics for the first time ever, which means I've never had a check engine light come on or any other reason to go in there.

So, when going thru all the different checks to verify the readings, I get to d:09 and it shows 0.0 ( manual says it should show a reading of 12.0).  So mine showed 0.0

The Check Method then says to cycle the kill switch to the run position, and it will measure the actual battery voltage. I do that and the display changes to 11.1

This is strange as the battery is new, and my Datel voltmeter (connected directly to battery) indicates voltage at 12.4

Bike starts and runs fine (the fault code 14 appears to have corrected itself as I can't get it to repeat).

Anyone else have experience with d:09 readings?

Any other Gen II owner that wants to go out and play with this, I would love to know what you show.

Don't think I would worry about it too much if it is working OK although 11.1 does seem a bit low.  It does say to compare to a direct reading.

Did you deal with the fault code 14?  Relatively common and easily fixed in earlier Gen II and usually due to "goop" in the line to the intake air pressure sensor.

https://www.fjrforum.com/topic/170314-fault-code-14-gen-ii-solved/?hl=sensor

Thanks. The more bothersome part to me about the d:09 is that the display should be showing 12.0 but mine shows 0.0

In regards to the Fault 14 code, I'll go in and clean out the lines, but after the initial problem, the bike started working and running fine. It seems to have corrected itself, but to be safe, I'll go in and pull those hoses and clean them off...Thanks!