Gen II vs. Gen III Stator Assembly - is there a difference?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two-Wheeled Tourist

Reaction score
It's that time of year again.

I've just blown through a second stator on my 2007 FJR. The original one lasted to 102k, and this one's toast at around 84k. Not too shabby considering the mileage.

Before I go drop $350+ on a new OEM stator, I'm curious if the Gen III stator is identical to the Gen II one, just in case I'm able to find a used OEM one off a parted bike. On the parts diagram for both bikes, the images are identical, but who knows if something internally was changed. Considering the electronic upgrades to the Gen 3 over Gen 2, I wonder if anything down there had to be altered.

Here are the part numbers for both stator assemblies. I don't know anyone else who has considered doing this, so any insight would be appreciated!
smile.png

2007 FJR Gen 2: 3P6-81410-00-00

2014 FJR Gen 3: 1MC-81410-00-00

Why are you going through stators? You are certainly the exception rather than the rule. I've put 226,000, 151,000, and 105,000 on stators and all are still good.

CONFIRMED: Gen III stator is identical to the Gen II one even though the first portion of the part number is different. I was able to find a take-off from a 2014 for my 2007 bike on eBay which saved me at least $450. Hoping it'll make it just as long as my previous two.
smile.png

Why a brand new stator is $550 retail is beyond me...