Genmar Rises .

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kango

Reaction score
Hi.

Received my GenMar rises today for my 07.

Fitted them in under one hour( very easy and good printed instructions),

Rode the bike about 30 klms and found much less pressure on the hands.

Will be doing a long ride on Sunday so should get a good idea then.

Hi. Received my GenMar rises today for my 07.

Fitted them in under one hour( very easy and good printed instructions),

Rode the bike about 30 klms and found much less pressure on the hands.

Will be doing a long ride on Sunday so should get a good idea then.
Did you have to remove the top triple clamp?

Yes, you do have to remove the top triple clamp. This is done so that you can remove the handlebar bolts and replace with longer ones. The metal wire looms are also removed to allow more slack for the cables and hydraulic lines. The ignition does not have to be drilled out like the competition as you use your OEM top clamp and add the riser which move the bars up 1" and back 1/2".

sc0067b5b5.jpg

sc0067b5b501.jpg

sc0067b5b502.jpg

I have the Genmars on my 06. I'm happy with them ...Good value. But I do not see how they can claim to move the bars back 1/2 inch. They raise them 1 full inch, but they don't bring them back at all.

I have the Genmars on my 06. I'm happy with them ...Good value. But I do not see how they can claim to move the bars back 1/2 inch. They raise them 1 full inch, but they don't bring them back at all.
The bars get moved back 1/2" due to the fork angle. The higher the rise the further back the bars move. It's not as dramatic but there is still some movement.

The mounting surface on the 06 upper triple tree for the bars and risers is perfectly level.

On the 05 the mounting surface is angled. On the 06 it is not. GEN-MAR risers do not move the bars back at all on the 06.

The mounting surface on the 06 upper triple tree for the bars and risers is perfectly level.On the 05 the mounting surface is angled. On the 06 it is not. GEN-MAR risers do not move the bars back at all on the 06.
J you may be perfectly correct. I was only reading what was printed on the instruction sheet that came with the risers.

sc00ecfb49.jpg

Yes, you do have to remove the top triple clamp. This is done so that you can remove the handlebar bolts and replace with longer ones. The metal wire looms are also removed to allow more slack for the cables and hydraulic lines. The ignition does not have to be drilled out like the competition as you use your OEM top clamp and add the riser which move the bars up 1" and back 1/2".
Nice Rumble, I need to verify something about the adjuster assembly - do you remove it from the bike, and run without it? TIA !

I am preparing to do the install so I can't say for sure but it looks from the instructions that you do not remove the adjustable bracket as Gen-Mar does allow the use of the three stock handlebar locations. Only the metal wire loom assembly is removed from underneath the top triple clamp. Hope this helps.

sc00eebf48.jpg

sc00eea742.jpg