GenMar vs Heli bar clamp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankshaft

Reaction score
I just got my 07 last week. From the ride home getting it (450 mi) I realized I'll most likely need risers. I know there's a group buy going on for the Heli clamp. Can someone give me some pros and cons on the different risers? I've done a couple of google searches on the forum but haven't found what I'm looking for.

what's the differences between them? I know one replaces the triple clamp and the other is a block type riser. Is one better than the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my 07 last week. From the ride home getting it (450 mi) I realized I'll most likely need risers. I know there's a group buy going on for the Heli clamp. Can someone give me some pros and cons on the different risers? I've done a couple of google searches on the forum but haven't found what I'm looking for.
what's the differences between them? I know one replaces the triple clamp and the other is a block type riser. Is one better than the other?
There are risers--small blocks that bolt between the top clamp and the bars, and then there are one-piece top clamps that move the bars up and back. The risers are less expensive and minutely easier to install; the replacement clamps are more expensive, and because they are massive and one piece, reduce vibration and increase the overall stiffness of the front end. I've had both. I love the one piece unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Crank

Just to add a little to what camera56 said - I have the heli-clamp.

It might look a little spendy at fisrt, but I thinnk it's well worth the investment.

I second Camera's comments about getting a better piece of equipment by going for a solid triple clamp - rather than riser blocks. Pretty straightforward install too.

good luck - Bull

Ohoh Mr. Camera56, you said it. I just got in trouble for saying the L word.
and we just missed Friday too :rolleyes:

Ohoh Mr. Camera56, you said it. I just got in trouble for saying the L word.

I just found out about that. Silly me. I missed the book, the movie, and the musical when they came out. Must have been off riding.
Missed out on the group buy. I guess I'll wait and see if any one sells one in the classifieds or ebay. Maybe the next group buy

Did the upper clamp which brought it back 1 1/2 up and back 1 1/2 and what a difference.. Took two hours for me to put it on...