Gett'n back in the groove baby!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top_Speed1

Panama Canal Crosser
Reaction score
Hey guys n gals,

I know it's been awhile, and I've been thinking of all the great peeps here, and when we get to meet up again. "It's all about the people!" (did John F Kennedy make that phrase famous?) anywho's....

Well, the season is nearing fast. Yahooie! My new Go-Karts 'R' us website is 93.5% done, I've got some minor bugs to work out, nothing to 'engulf me bones' ...like earlier. This was my 2nd from ground up site within 6 mos. The other was a corporate site, not mine and I got paid nicely for that. GKRU however has always been my online "put bread on the table" entity. Yes, I'm burned out from coding mega lines of php and js!

So, I hope to scan around here to try to catch up. I heard about the new '16 FJR, very excited about that. Sure hope we get some guys to buy-in so we have some new tire kick'n during the upcoming events. I still have my Feej, hopefully this Spring she will be gone, and I wouldn't mind replacing it with a blue 2016!

So far here's my ride schedule (I cheated n copied this email that I sent to Mike the Wine Guy). Hey, any hours saved can be donated to my beer tipping time! :)

Let me know what events I missed!!!! ...please?

Thank you -KJ

May 12-15 SEO Ramble, Marrietta OH [booked 3 nites]

May 26-30 Ad-lib Bike trip down to Concord NC, then take in the (Nascar) Coca-cola 600 w local friends.

June 9-12 CFR, Pembroke ON [booked 3 nites]

July 14-17 MOA, Hamburg NY [camping 3 nites]

July 28-31 NAFO, Montrose CO (not attending, just was there last year, along with Redlodge)...beautiful tho! woah!

Aug 18-21 NERDS, Stowe VT [booked 3 nites]

Sept 22-25 EOM, Wythville VA [booked 3 nites] + a hop-over nite between (Weds); somewhere TBD

Oct 14-16 FATS, Full Ass Tummy... Sucks!*

*Fall Colors Ride to Dennys Beer Barrel Pub (Mega Burger Challenge), Clearfield PA [Friday nite= Ellicotteville Brewery Overniter, Sat nite in PA; TBD] This one was a real blast last year, I'm building it up even more for this year! Stay tuned :)

You have more free time than I do for sure. We will have to see what I can get free to do this year.
sadsmiley.gif

Nice to have you back in the fold KJ. Looks like Wellsboro is out of the mix. That was always a fun event also. Lots of good rides will be in store for us this year. Also some good tech days. As soon as the weather breaks, we'll be off and running again. This year I have my wife back on 2 wheels. Of course there's always my son Trevor to scare most of the rain away. We'll come to some of the events as a family group. When my wife is along, some of my riding will be much more tame, but that's OK too. Hope to see you and the gang soon. Thanks for the update.

KJ, Laura and I are booked for CFR (Pembroke) and EOM (Wytheville), so we'll definitely see you there. I'm considering SEO. I haven't said anything yet, but I think WNY Tech Day III will have to be June 4 (which appears to be open on your calendar!). What is that MOA camping thing in Hamburg??

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wnyfjr" data-cid="1291286" data-time="1456607625"><p>

KJ, Laura and I are booked for CFR (Pembroke) and EOM (Wytheville), so we'll definitely see you there. I'm considering SEO. I haven't said anything yet, but I think WNY Tech Day III will have to be June 4 (which appears to be open on your calendar!). What is that MOA camping thing in Hamburg??</p></blockquote>

Bummer I won't be able to make Tech Day III.

That's the weekend for FODS.

So many rides, so little time.

And the Fall Denny's ride is the same weekend as Bridge Day.

Decisions decisions.

How the hell do I decide???

Bummer I won't be able to make Tech Day III.That's the weekend for FODS.

So many rides, so little time.

And the Fall Denny's ride is the same weekend as Bridge Day.

Decisions decisions.

How the hell do I decide???
Yeah, I know that's FODS weekend, but there are just too many events on the calendar and I know Ray was available that weekend, and had nothing else open until sometime in July, so...

I'm hoping some folks can still make it, as Laura and I look forward to hosting. Hopefully we'll see you at one of the other gatherings!!

KJ, Laura and I are booked for CFR (Pembroke) and EOM (Wytheville), so we'll definitely see you there. I'm considering SEO. I haven't said anything yet, but I think WNY Tech Day III will have to be June 4 (which appears to be open on your calendar!). What is that MOA camping thing in Hamburg??
I was wondering if another Tech Day would take place this year. I have it penciled in on my calendar and will keep an eye out for changes.

The camping thing is the BMW Motorcycle Owners Assoc. (MOA) annual rally. Should be about 6-7000 MOA members in town!

Will keep June 4th on the calendar for your tech day, couldn't make it last year, looking forward to it!

John

Mike- wnyfjr Tech Day

I still have your signup website, only needs some minor date and graphics update. Let me know, I'll throw it back up.

Full House;'over 8000 bikes last year! It will be 'my' 3rd in a row. All have been over 7K. It's a big time event with giveaways galore incl a free bike to one lucky winner. Lots of beer and BS mainly. Very entertaining, always have a few FJRs there every year as well.

So I guess my schedule looks big to some, small prob to others. That's me, mr midway.