Gibsonia, PA, Crossroads Motorsports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrysig

Reaction score
I took my 2008 FJR into Crossroads Motorsports in Gibsonia PA for the ignition recall. No big deal. I'd used them for one or two service items on my 2004 and always to load tires on rims. The 2008 had only 400 miles on it since I picked it up late last Fall and basically hid under a cover during the Winter except for the occasional nice day. However big trouble when I picked it up. I ASSUMMED that everything would be OK as it always was in the past when I had service performed.

When I got it home I noticed a ding in the exhaust can. It was obvious since it was right where you'd look to find the sidestand tang. Damn! Call XROADS, email them photos of the damage and take the bike out for them to see. No luck they blow me off telling me to turn it in to my insurance.

Things change a little when I write a letter to Mama Yama in Cyprus....but not much. We work a deal were I pay part of the cost. P's me off but I have no recourse. A week later filling the gas tank on a sunny day I see a crease in the top of the tank near the steering stem. An inch long dent. Damn again. Imediately take it to them and basically no response. Back on the phone with Yamaha and this time my customer service rep. "Joseph" (we're now like old friends since we've talked so much!) tells me that I'm screwed.

So here I am with a bike that I'm still paying for it has just over 1200 miles and is damaged by Crossroads Motorsports in Gibsonia Pa because I was foolish enough to take it in for the recall work!

My advice is not to use XROADS for any service work, based on my experience the odds are not in your favor. And if something does happen they will not stand behind customer satisfaction.

Plus it's curious that their resolution was to tell me that I can turn it into my insurance "that's what you've been paying for all these years". To me that sounds like insurance fraud since it went into Crossroads without the damage. It's actually the reason that Xroads has insurance!

So BEWARE if I were to review Crossroads Motorsports, at the moment it would be STAY AWAY!!!! :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my 2008 FJR into Crossroads Motorsports in Gibsonia PA for the ignition recall. No big deal. I'd used them for one or two service items on my 2004 and always to load tires on rims. The 2008 had only 400 miles on it since I picked it up late last Fall and basically hid under a cover during the Winter except for the occasional nice day. However big trouble when I picked it up. I ASSUMMED that everything would be OK as it always was in the past when I had service performed.
When I got it home I noticed a ding in the exhaust can. It was obvious since it was right where you'd look to find the sidestand tang. Damn! Call XROADS, email them photos of the damage and take the bike out for them to see. No luck they blow me off telling me to turn it in to my insurance.

Things change a little when I write a letter to Mama Yama in Cyprus....but not much. We work a deal were I pay part of the cost. P's me off but I have no recourse. A week later filling the gas tank on a sunny day I see a crease in the top of the tank near the steering stem. An inch long dent. Damn again. Imediately take it to them and basically no response. Back on the phone with Yamaha and this time my customer service rep. "Joseph" (we're now like old friends since we've talked so much!) tells me that I'm screwed.

So here I am with a bike that I'm still paying for it has just over 1200 miles and is damaged by Crossroads Motorsports in Gibsonia Pa because I was foolish enough to take it in for the recall work!

My advice is not to use XROADS for any service work, based on my experience the odds are not in your favor. And if something does happen they will not stand behind customer satisfaction.

Plus it's curious that their resolution was to tell me that I can turn it into my insurance "that's what you've been paying for all these years". To me that sounds like insurance fraud since it went into Crossroads without the damage. It's actually the reason that Xroads has insurance!

So BEWARE if I were to review Crossroads Motorsports, at the moment it would be STAY AWAY!!!! :angry2:

WOW! Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I had the ignition recall done by my dealer and guess what?! You guessed it, they scratched the shit out of it! It looks like the "tech" (read hack) used the left upper fairing near the glove box for a work bench. I immediately called them and my service advisor said e-mail some pics or just bring it by so they can look at it. She also offered to replace the damaged parts with new ones if I wish. This case is still pending, so I won't mention any names just yet. Now that's what I call customer service! I will update as soon as I know. jevers

p.s. It seems that if I don't plead and beg my service professionals to please be gentle before they do the work, something always gets f'd up!