Givi rack for GenII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, I just finished installing a GiVi SR346 Rack and Givi E55 top box on my 05' FJR. The rack came with 1/2 spacers for the two front bolts and all other alignments were perfect. No fuss no stress!

FYI, I just finished installing a GiVi SR346 Rack and Givi E55 top box on my 05' FJR. The rack came with 1/2 spacers for the two front bolts and all other alignments were perfect. No fuss no stress!

I do believe the fitment issue is only on Gen II FJRs.

I just sent a note to Givi USA Tech. Department about this. I tried to describe this situation the best I could without pics, Lets see if they respond.

I just installed the SR357 rack for my Givi box. I ended up using washers under the front and rear of the rack. My observation is that the 2 longer spacers used at the rear of the rack are a little too long. If you tighten down either the front bolts or the rear bolt (with short spacer) first, the rack rocks in that direction, pivoting on the longer spacers, resulting in misalignment of the bolt hole with the threaded hole on the other end. As others have done, I put washers under the front and rear mounting holes (not on the top) of the rack and alternately tightened them down. I was tempted to grind down the longer spacers, but this worked as well.

I just installed the SR357 rack for my Givi box. I ended up using washers under the front and rear of the rack. My observation is that the 2 longer spacers used at the rear of the rack are a little too long. If you tighten down either the front bolts or the rear bolt (with short spacer) first, the rack rocks in that direction, pivoting on the longer spacers, resulting in misalignment of the bolt hole with the threaded hole on the other end. As others have done, I put washers under the front and rear mounting holes (not on the top) of the rack and alternately tightened them down. I was tempted to grind down the longer spacers, but this worked as well.

I just tightened everything down. Did a friend's install the same way. It's really no big deal to just tighten them down. The Givi rack conforms easily.

Has anyone tried reinforcing the subframe with cable ties? I can think of a lot better things to spend my money on that the SR357/