Go While You Got The Chance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So well put, Pants. We should all print that, frame it and hang it somewhere we'll be able to read it frequently. In another life, you could have been a writer/philosopher. In fact, that might be a worthwhile retirement gig for you. I just turned 60. Thanks for putting our shared perspective into words. I'm dropping out of the rat race. I had my first job (yeah, in a newspaper) when I was 11 and have been working since. I've not taken nearly enough time to smell the roses. Right: work has too often interfered with my riding time (and fishing time, hunting, floating, visiting family....). I have a few more publishing projects ahead of me, then maybe I will figure out a way to downshift.

Last edited by a moderator:
As we've all come to expect another great RR from Pants, Thank you sir.

As another member of the "over that hill and picking up speed" club I agree with pretty much everything you said.I'm hoping to put more miles on next year and color in a few more states on my personal map. I'm hoping you can find time in your life to hit up EOM in 2016. Wife and I are planning to return and you are one of those forum members I'd really like meet in person.

On another note, in one of the breakfast photos I note a "personal Protection device". Make? Model? Caliber? Perhaps you've covered this in the past and I simply missed it.

This is my new goal plan. Thanks, 'pants.

What I want to do is ride. I want to ride 25,000 miles in 2016. I want to feel the slight temperature inversions on my body as I roll down the highway. I want to smell the rain. I want to walk in a field of Spring wildflowers. I want to see no less than 5 new States from the seat of the motorcycle. I want to ride with friends and I also want to ride alone. I want to choose "Avoid the Fucking Interstate Slab of Concrete at all Costs" on the GPS. I want to eat lunch at local hole in the wall diners. I want to satisfy the curiosity of the bystander in the parking lot, and assure him that I am indeed having as much fun as it appears. I want to explore the 4-digit roads that connect towns with populations less than 2,000. I want to learn about post industrial age American history, dialects, and culture. I want to see our farmers working in their environment, teaching me where food comes from. I want to sit on the side of a railroad track and wait for a train. I want to lie down on a river bank and study highway bridges. I want to cook on an open fire and drink drip-brewed coffee at day break. I want to drink fermented grain in the evening. I want to walk in the woods. I want to listen to and watch birds.

I want to take pictures and write about my adventures.

I just want to ride.

B/C - My pistol is a Springfield X/D, 9mm. I'm thinking about getting the smaller XDS after the holidays.

You might enjoy one of my latest adventures with my nephew.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/166150-three-for-one-and-a-bonus/

Craig - welcome to the club. We are very glad to have you.
punk.gif

Now I want to do some roaming in the Southland. Why did I ever read this?
fool.gif

"Dammit, Jim, I told you not to buy that FJR. Now the Enterprise is just going to sit in Spacedock!" - Dr. Leonard McCoy

jester.gif

Well, I was all in agreement up to "I don't give a shit about pickup trucks". I think you are missing some terribly important things here. How you going to pull a boat with your FJR?

You are waxing poetic and I am okay with all of that. I am hopeful that Pop and I will be a part of some of your future adventures. If you are honest, you have to admit that both my face and my bike look much better in the RR photos than yours!

In view of the very bitter news about the passing of beemerdons, I think we should all make it a priority to meet some of our FJR brethren across the country. That makes the title of this RR very appropriate.

In view of the very bitter news about the passing of beemerdons, I think we should all make it a priority to meet some of our FJR brethren across the country. That makes the title of this RR very appropriate.
Beemerdons sure did a lot of visiting lately. You know not when your time will be up...go when you have a chance.

Thanks to the OP for the reminder.

Considering the tradegy we have just learned about, perhaps the timing of my rant this morning was not very good.

Considering the tradegy we have just learned about, perhaps the timing of my rant this morning was not very good.
I completely disagree. I find the timing to be spot on. I think Don did exactly what you were suggesting. He lived his life, he enjoyed his life, and he made us enjoy it with him. We should all take the lesson here, and Go. While we still have a chance.

I completely disagree. I find the timing to be spot on. I think Don did exactly what you were suggesting. He lived his life, he enjoyed his life, and he made us enjoy it with him. We should all take the lesson here, and Go. While we still have a chance.
+1

+1
+10, this has been my motto for some time now..
thumbsup.gif

Great RR thanks for taking us along..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dcarver" data-cid="1279037" data-time="1451008332"><p>

<span style='font-family: lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif'>Pants, that was fucking eloquent. </span></p></blockquote>

Agreed. Just might post that one in the man cave.