Goin' on a road trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruWrecks

Still chewing thru the Restraints
Reaction score
I heading out this Wed for a short road trip to Scottsdale, AZ. I'll be camping down and back. I have about 128 miles on freeway, then it's all highway and back roads. I'll be gone from 5/8 to 5/20, then one day to relax and cleanup.

I'll be going through Crater Lake, Yosemite, and Death Valley. I'll be meeting a friend down there. He's picking up a BMW K1200GT that he bought from Scottsdale BMW. We'll be heading back either East Nevada to North Idaho, then on to Everett via HWY 20 or Utah to Montana and Washington. Round trip will be between 3400 to 4200 miles, depending on the route we choose to come back. We're also going to avoid the slab like it has a bad rash.

By the time I get home, I'm sure I'll need a nice long hot
7_3_110v.gif

Sounds like quite an adventure! Don't forget the rain gear, it's pretty early in the season for covering all that terrain. Be careful and have fun, in that order.

Got the rain gear covered. I even did the DL-1000 hand guard farkle. I have a top box coming in Tuesday, so it's cutting it closer than I want. I got the first top box, but it had a large crack in it when I opened the shipping box. The vendor is overnighting a replacement. It will be sent this morning.

Cheers.