Going price on leftover 2018 1300a model?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefish

Reaction score
Pickup Trucks move the body.  (So do cars with big trunks)  Motorcycles move the soul.

Going to scratch the itch if I can get a reasonable price on a 2 year old bike from any dealer East of the Mississippi.  Called D and H, will talk to them again today.  I'm figuring 13k would be max dollar for a 2018.  Am I wrong again?

Maybe...

Other than color, there is no significant difference between 2018 and more recent so I wouldn't be expecting deep discounts.  (Don't think the "A" model is available for 2020.)

Just depends on dealer and situation - might find one who just wants to move old inventory.

Cycletrader listed out of Wisconsin for $10,987.  I'd expect enclosed shipping to be well less than $2K.  https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2018-Yamaha-FJR1300A-5005344936
HAD a deal working with this disaster of a seller.  Would not send me a signed sales contract showing VIN and agreed upon sales price, so no way I'm wiring 12K for something loosely and vaguely documented in an email.  Their extras/add-ons of prep, freight, doc and office fees were over $1000, so they turned out to be a big waste of time...

AVOID Fuel Powersports!

^^^^ Too bad about the stealer...they're all over. If you're in the $12k range with an honest deal, you've done well. One of our PNW inmates picked up an '18A a few months ago for mid $12's. Keep watching the ad's and be ready to pounce when the right one shows up.

Good luck & happy hunting!

~G

HAD a deal working with this disaster of a seller.  Would not send me a signed sales contract showing VIN and agreed upon sales price, so no way I'm wiring 12K for something loosely and vaguely documented in an email.  Their extras/add-ons of prep, freight, doc and office fees were over $1000, so they turned out to be a big waste of time...

AVOID Fuel Powersports!
Dang.  I was actually looking at this bike at this very dealer....

Guess I will keep looking for a 18 leftover.  Love that color

Dang.  I was actually looking at this bike at this very dealer....

Guess I will keep looking for a 18 leftover.  Love that color
If you can get there in person, I think you might be able to get a deal done, but not before > $1000 in add-ons.  Being asked to wire a large sum of money with no sales order/sales contract was a big red flag for me.  As always, YMMV.

If you can get there in person, I think you might be able to get a deal done, but not before > $1000 in add-ons.  Being asked to wire a large sum of money with no sales order/sales contract was a big red flag for me.  As always, YMMV.
I will actually be that way for work next week, about an hour drive away.  I tossed them an offer, I doubt they will take it but it's worth a shot I suppose.  

AVOID Fuel Powersports!
I can now second the avoid Fuel Powersports comment.  I finally have full spousal buy in, I even sold the Fiesta (too small for the kids).  Reached out to Fuel made an offer.  Crickets... Reached out again, expecting a counter offer.  Instead Ryan from Fuel sent me the message blow 

"Kevin,

I took a look at our inventory, we sold 3 of those bikes today, and the rest of them are spoken for. Unfortunately, I do not have any more available. Also, they have all sold for full price, and we would not be able to accept an offer of any less than the full price."

Right in their add for the bike they mention its the "last one left."  So how do you sell three 2018 FJRs on a winter day in the midwet, for a "full price offer" then have rest "spoken for" ?  

I would be ok with a thanks, but no thanks, I don't appreciate being lied too. 

cleardot.gif

Well poop.  Being the stubborn person I am I called Fuel to verify the difference between their ad and what was communicated.  Ended up putting a down payment on an FJR.  Still have to work out the details but its about 12000 OTD.  Not bad for a brand new FJR.  

And its done.  Drove 5 plus hours to Fuel Motorsports in West Bend WI.  Picked up a uhaul trailer and drove this amazing machine home.  Just shy of 12K out the door. 0 miles on the odo.  I will still have to pay sales tax on it in MN but such is life.  

The whole experience was fairly positive in the end.  I'd buy from fuel again.  

87200517_10101304207793987_5227061674103537664_o.jpg

Congrats on being back in the saddle again!

Opinions differ on that matte blue, but I thought it was awesome when I saw it in person.

Your going to love the improvements made on that bike from what you rode previously.