• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

>>> GP Suspension 10th Annual FJR Forum Group Buy <<<

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought fork springs and a Penske from their Black Friday Weekend Sale. I got the fork springs within a couple of weeks, and it took about a month to get the Penske. I never got a run around, and they always answered my texts and emails. I emailed a question about adjusting the length of the fork spring spacer tube - had an answer within 1-1/2 hours. I haven't had a chance to adjust the suspension and ride, so I can't comment on the product. Concerning KFG, though, I would do business with them again. I hope the the group buy relationship continues.

I still don't have my Penske from this group buy. Called Brisa sp? and she said it's ready to drop ship. I'm in no real hurry, but still it's been along time.

I still don't have my Penske from this group buy. Called Brisa sp? and she said it's ready to drop ship. I'm in no real hurry, but still it's been along time.
You probably didn't make enough noise.

Ok guys, I bought the 25mm cartridge upgrade, and I am ready to ship. Any shipping tips? Never shipped something this important to me.

Types of box/packing to protect em? any tips appreciated.

Lots of bubble wrap and cardboard. Pack it tight so they can't move.

My ONLY possible complaint with GP is the way it was packaged on the trip back. Both times.

Loose bouncing around against each other.

It was bombproof going there. No movement could happen. Over-protected like they were my babies.

Next time I will let them know my concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
My forks have been in KFG's posession since Tuesday Feb 23. I just called to get a status update, since they told me on Feb 24th they "are a week out".

Work has not started yet, won't till next week, but they expect me to have them back the following week. assuming they get them to me by March 22, that will be 4 weeks. Everyone else find similar experience? (I've been very nice so far... )

Well, Mine arrived there just before yours .. They told me a week and a half. I called at 2.5 weeks and the owner answered and apologized telling me they had 2 techs out sick ... I was a bit concerned about that but she told me a few more days.

In fact, they did call me yesterday and shipped my forks out ... So, all seemed to be reasonable ... I expect them mid next week and if they don't show Ill post up here ...

Your timing and information sounds consistent with mine so if that's true, I would expect that yours are close ...

Good to hear. I usually am slightly less patient, but since I really want my forks back in perfect condition I have been nothing but pleasant with them.

Thanks for sharing your experience. (Rush Fan?? - I've seen them 59 times - ask me about my 60th attempt... aarrgh damn airline ruined it for me)

Well yes ... I am a Huge RUSH fan ... Probably borderline mental illness but I digress ... I'm forced to ask if its possible to be too big of a fan ... I've had that avatar for a couple of years on a few forums and you are the first person to ever mention it .. So, you get the gold star ...
punk.gif

A few years ago my dad was briefly hospitalized and when I got to the hospital to see him, that was his room number ... Had to snap a pic ..

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen them but it has to be somewhere up there with you .. I sure hope they do a show or two sometime ... Ill fly to wherever it is ..

Hope your suspension works out ... As I said, Ill post my results as soon as mine show up ...

Regards ...

FYI, my front suspension showed up today. It was packed well and the forks look good.

I got them mounted onto the bike but still have a lot to do before riding this weekend.

I'll post up first impressions after I ride a bit.

Either way, delivered as they said so others in the same boat should see theirs arrive shortly I would think.

they told me they'd call me around wednesday (2 days ago) to confirm shipping back to me. I waited till today to call them , just before closing time.

They said "no problem, these are scheduled to be done early next week." I pointed out that I have been fork-less for 5 weeks. She apologized and explained that a couple of techs were out sick for 3 days each. (methinks "Not my problem", but me says "Oh, that sucks" because in reality it is my problem. I gave her a little bit of shit, pointing out the 2 previous promises, and she handled it well. I asked how much the labor refund would be if she sent me my stock shocks and their super special parts. She said $161. I said "done". ship it all to me I'll rebuild em myself or pay my favorite shop to do it at this point. She pointed out that would be useless since they are going to be done soon anyway. I said ok.

5-6 weeks when all is said and done.

Edit, left out the best part. She snuck in a little snide "how's the weather in Bozeman today?" Obviously that was a lead in to "do you really need em back now anyway". I explained it was beautiful today, or I wouldn't have called them.

Made my weekly call today. No answer. I only called because they said they'd be done "early next week", last week. Obviously I am not riding this weekend.

If it were my business, it'd be first in first out, or first paid in full, first out, just saying. Forkless since Feb 18.

Edit- called again before their closing time, from my work phone this time. Brisas explained that my forks will be shipped out by end not business tuesday. I know I am gonna love the final product. But can't wait to receive it.

Arrived Thursday March 31, after Brisa called to collect payment for shipping on Tuesday March 29th.. Nice.

They are beautiful. Installed in about 20 minutes, but still need to reinstall the calipers and new brake pads. Did a complete caliper cleaning. Will be riding by this afternoon. can't wait.

Please read the complete message below. At the bottom is a request.

To all involved in the 2015 Group buy, I want to personally thank each of you for supporting GP suspension. I also want to offer an apology for the lack of response, slow response, shipping times, lack of truth in your orders and overall, horrible customer experience for some. This was not the fault of our current employees and new ownership of GP suspension has addressed these concerns internally and taken steps listed below to never have this repeat. GP suspension will rectify this for all those involved in the 2015 group buy. We're focused on earning your trust and confidence back.

In March of 2105, GP suspension was acquired by a larger corporation to help GP Suspension grow and build out its operations into a national brand. The product is the best on the market, but GP had some issues with operations and capital, limiting its growth. In March of 2015, GP suspension and KFG Racing ceased joint operations. This continues to be the case; GP suspension is not affiliated with KFG and KFG Racing is not affiliated with GP suspension. April Wressell is not associated with GP suspension from the date of that separation. April and KFG Racing have taken their operation on a different and non intersecting path from GP Suspension. Please do not contact KFG for any GP suspension group buys or purchases.

GP Suspension has done a number of actions to address the issues many of you had. We have acquired our own, new CNC machines, hired staff, bolstered inventory and infused massive capital into the company. We now stock what we sell and service what we sell. A service should take no more than a week (excluding shipping time) maximum and a cartridge kit ordered/ shock ordered should take no more than a few days to reach any of you. We're partners with Penske and keep Penske products in stock, but we can order Ohlins, Ktech, Andreani, and Racetech and get these in a few days. We have credit accounts in good standing with our suppliers once again. The most exciting part of the rebirth of GP is the rejoining of GP Suspension and founder, Dave Hodges. Dave is happy to be back and building great product! Barry Wressell is full time R&D and sales with GP, another great resource for the company.

Brisa has moved full time to GP, from KFG as has Stefan as our senior technician. The management staff of GP is top notch in 2016. GP suspension wants to make up for the confusion and poor customer service when working with KFG Racing. As an offer of good faith, we'd like to offer the following:

- 5% back from your recent group buy order

If you were a participant in the group buy, We will credit you 5% for a future purchase or refund that amount back to the same payment method used. Personally, I feel terrible reading the experience you had from a company that has historically had a high quality experience for its customers. We want to make that right with our customers. To be eligible for the credit, please contact Brisa at [email protected] and she'll get you setup on what she needs from you.

GP suspension is moving back to its roots: experts in motorcycle suspension. We now offer complete packages and carry the following:

-GP Suspension

-Penske

-Ohlins

-K-tech

-Andreani

-Scotts

-GPR Damper

-Racetech

-Attack racing

-Yoshimura products

-Jeremy Toye products

- and More!

GP suspension will be putting together another chance at the group buy to show the loyal FJR forum members how well we can do as a reinvigorated and organized company. If you want to purchase any GP suspension products for other bikes you have, or if your friends have other brands/ models of bikes, we will include them as well...so long as you vouch for them!

Thanks for the years of support and the opportunity for GP Suspension to turn your travels into a GP! We will always be here for you all!

The most exciting part of the rebirth of GP is the rejoining of GP Suspension and founder, Dave Hodges. Dave is happy to be back and building great product!
punk.gif
! Dave is back !
punk.gif

GPs- Thank you for the forthright update, taking ownership, being accountable. To hear that ol' Dave is baack is also great news. I'll be sending my forks your way in about 6 weeks for cartridge install. This will complete the 2015 group buy as you have already shipped the Penske.

Here's hoping your reputation can be repaired through superior service, communication, delivery times, and product quality. I'm confident you can do so. Just execute the plan you describe above.

-dcarver

Sounds good to me too.

I love my GP Suspension. :)

Again, my only complaint was the poor packaging on the return shipments.

The most exciting part of the rebirth of GP is the rejoining of GP Suspension and founder, Dave Hodges. Dave is happy to be back and building great product!
punk.gif
! Dave is back !
punk.gif

GPs- Thank you for the forthright update, taking ownership, being accountable. To hear that ol' Dave is baack is also great news. I'll be sending my forks your way in about 6 weeks for cartridge install. This will complete the 2015 group buy as you have already shipped the Penske.

Here's hoping your reputation can be repaired through superior service, communication, delivery times, and product quality. I'm confident you can do so. Just execute the plan you describe above.

-dcarver
DC,

take a road trip up to the PNW tech meet on May 14th, both Dave and Barry will be there.

smile.png
punk.gif
smile.png

By purest of coincidence I spent half of yesterday (Tuesday) on a scheduled ride-in visit to have both ends of my 2006's suspension freshened up at GP at their shop in Auburn (as purchased in the group buy last Fall). My experience with GP was again excellent, and after riding 450 miles back home (not the short way!) I can happily confirm that the scalpel has been resharpened!

My fork seals (as I knew) were shite and after politely observing that "you obviously ride this bike in all weather and all conditions" one of the GP tech's took the time to recommend to me that I wipe down my fork tubes above the sliders after each ride (to prevent any accumulated crud being subsequently pushed into the dust seals). I've been riding for 50 years and have never had anyone suggest that to me before - but it makes perfect sense and only takes a few seconds!

My GP suspension is absolutely the best farkle dollars that I have spent on this FJR, and it was way cheaper to get this awesome suspension freshened than to go look at 2016's.

If anyone has been on the fence due to some of the unhappiness lately, it appears to me that you can now confidently order your new suspension - you won't regret it!

punk.gif
! Dave is back !
punk.gif

-dcarver
Will do Don. Baby sat your invoice through the process last week. Glad to see you back again with GP. Dave met up with a fair amount of you at the meet in Auburn. Thanks for giving us a second chance with the new and old people involved to get GP back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.