• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gps At Cost To Forum Members From Auto Nav 2000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi James
Will you be getting the new City Navigator NT 2008 map update for the Garmin units? And if yes how much will you sell them for? Are there any discounts for FJR owners on that?

I bought a Zumo from you guys last year under the special $50 membership program. What a great unit btw.

Let me know.

Thanks
Yes, we have the NT 2008 map update for the Garmin units.

Please give Rick a call 650-328-8832 , I am sure he will get you our cost on it. It's not that expensive and if you pick it up at the store, there is no shipping cost.

thanks

04FJR4ME
Done

Thanks James

Hi James,

I got a Garmin 276c from you a couple years ago for use on our sailboat and my bike. We've sold the sailboat (last week) and I'm considering selling the 276c for something a bit more compact. Any thoughts of what a fair price to ask for it would be? It has all the original stuff that came with it but I'm selling the marine data chip separately.

Since it's been 4+ months since you posted here I was wondering what you're recommending these days. Are any of the units better than others at seeing dirt and gravel roads? Thanks.

Hi James,
I got a Garmin 276c from you a couple years ago for use on our sailboat and my bike. We've sold the sailboat (last week) and I'm considering selling the 276c for something a bit more compact. Any thoughts of what a fair price to ask for it would be? It has all the original stuff that came with it but I'm selling the marine data chip separately.

Since it's been 4+ months since you posted here I was wondering what you're recommending these days. Are any of the units better than others at seeing dirt and gravel roads? Thanks.

If the old GPSMAP 276C is in pretty good condition, it could possibly sell for $300 to $400. Currently, refurbished units could be found for about $355.

As far a replacemet unit that's more compact and use on motorcycle and cars, I would recommend looking at the Zumo 450, 550 and also the Quest 2. TOPO U.S. 2008 car compatible with these 3 units but I'm not sure how much of the dirt or gravel road it will show. Feature of the TOPO U.S. 2008 are below:

https://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topous.jsp#

Digital topographic maps, comparable to 1:100,000 scale USGS maps

Terrain contours, topo elevations

Summit locations with elevation

Trails and rural roads; city neighborhood roads

Interstates & major highways

National, state, local parks, forests, and wilderness areas

Coastline, lake and river shoreline; wetlands; perennial and seasonal streams

Searchable database of cities, geographic names, summits, lakes and more

Elevation profile on PC and compatible units; estimate terrain difficulty

Allows you to plan your next outdoor adventure on your PC and download routes, waypoints and map detail to your compatible Garmin GPS

Includes lakes, reservoirs, waterways, rivers and streams with icons to represent boat ramps, dams, campgrounds and trails

04FJR4ME

James

James,

Thanks for the reply. So $300 for a unit in excellent condition with all the mounts, etc. and the City Select North America chip would be a good deal for someone?

In researching the differences between the 450 and 550 one site, here said the 450 can't handle topo maps. Comment?

Also the 550 can function as an XM receiver. Do you know if the antenna is the same as for other XM radios (I have a SkyFi)? If not, how mucho is the antenna?

Thanks.

Does anybody has experience with the Magellan Crossover GPS?

Thinking of getting one for my FJR and KLR. Was wondering about the Magellans "knowledge" of Canadian Forest service roads and trails

Thanks

Robert

I had one for a week this summer when I went to EOM. I never was really happy with the contrast of the screen in sunlight and then the display locked up on a road that we road. I returned it and went back to Garmin.

Bob

Does anybody has experience with the Magellan Crossover GPS?
Thinking of getting one for my FJR and KLR. Was wondering about the Magellans "knowledge" of Canadian Forest service roads and trails

Thanks

Robert
Robert

For the money, the Magellan CrossoverGPS works well, it is not the Zumo 550 but either is the price.

I am not famailuar with Forest service roads and trails, sorry

I use my 2200t in Manhattan all the time on the bike and in the car, the reviews I read about it said it can get confused in big citys and do the lock up thing.

I have not had one problem with it even getting caught in the rain, unit worked flawless. Just my .02

I agree with James, good unit for the cost... under $150 I'd say it's disposable but no issues yet....

What would be a good model GPS with intergrated bluetooth? I've got a bluetooth headset/mic and bluetooth phone, and would like to integrate the two into a GPS unit if possible but hoping to not have to pay zumo 550 prices. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a zumo 550 and a nuvi for the wife. It was a pleasure talking with Rick, and definitely worth the time!

I want to add my pat on the back to everyone at AutoNav 2000. I thought I had my mind made up on the GPS I wanted (Nuvi 760), but after talking to Rick, he explained why it might be cheaper to buy the Nuvi, but I'd likely be replacing it after it was shaken to death on a bike. He helped me realize the Zumo 550 was a better fit for my usage and my budget. More money than I'd planned on spending now, but more than likely a lot cheaper in the long run.

Thanks for all the help. It's the element I couldn't get locally and I'm glad they offer this service, not to mention the discount, to the forum.

Craig

James:

The Zumo 550 or the Tom Tom Rider 2 and why? If the Zumo, what do you recommend for headset? I would like to be able to play MP3 or some form of music in helmet.

Thanks,

JD

Just a quick shout out of thanks to James and his team at AutoNav. I very recently upgraded my 2200T to make it a Crossover with the latest maps. This dealer was invaluable in getting the unlock codes from Magellan for me and holding my hand as I went through the multi-step upgrade process. (Sadly Magellan's printed directions are less than supremely user-friendly...)

Support the vendors that support our platform! Thanks guys.

Just a quick shout out of thanks to James and his team at AutoNav. I very recently upgraded my 2200T to make it a Crossover with the latest maps. This dealer was invaluable in getting the unlock codes from Magellan for me and holding my hand as I went through the multi-step upgrade process. (Sadly Magellan's printed directions are less than supremely user-friendly...)
Support the vendors that support our platform! Thanks guys.

Dave,

Thanks for the good word and it was our pleasure and our job to help our friends out.

I been out of it for a while, had no time to ride so I have not been on this forum checking my messages.

Currently, there is a back order issue with Garmin Zumo 550's so what I have in stock I have to sell to my normal retail customer to keep us in business. If you can spend the money, spend it with us.

The TomTom Rider 2 is also back order till mid August, so I guess these units are catching on with the motorcycle groups.

Please contact Rick at 650-328-8832 if you have any questions because I am not checking this forum very offten and I must appologize for all the emails I did not respond to.

GPS business is getting way to hard, everyone sells them and we can't compete even if we provide the extra service, there is no value to most customer that is lookiing for the lowest price. So looking for something else to do now...

Hey Guys,

It's time I get my wife a garmin so she stops stealing my gpsmap 76csx. We are looking at the Nuvi for her Car, but there are like a million different models out there. What would you recommend? She will only be using it in the car, isn't too computer saavy, gets lost in a paper bag sometimes, likes my gpsmaps autorouting and city navigator, and wants to spend in the sub-400 range.

Would the cartography software work with both units, or do they both run different software?

Thanks for your time, and thanks for the GPSMap 76s and 76CSx over the years!!

Rob

Frankfort, NY