Graffiti Artist "AMP26" Strikes Again....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, what an assknuckle. I may be out of line saying it this way, so I mean no offense in ANY way Axe. But what if he would have asked for the family's permission to do a tribute like this? I know that isn't a "graffitti artisits' " code, but he could have done something way cool, but not be a douche about it. I know that someone else said it, but why couldn't he have done a rundown buliding instead? Would have been better.
Because...no matter what the art says...for the graffiti guy its all about THEM. Nobody (police, society,etc) will tell them what they can or cannot do. The bridge has a higher profile than than an old building...so the building it is.

Your correct on that one Wheatie. Just a shame he couldn't use his talent for something good instead of being an assknuckle.

I think it is an incredible tribute. Paint can be removed, a life cannot be returned.

I am with the artist.

Because...no matter what the art says...for the graffiti guy its all about THEM.
+1

Upon first look, I thought this was wicked cool, commemorating a fallen hero. It has our flag, and Semper Fi - both awesome to see, rather than the lame tagging of this gang vs. that crew, which is all too common where I come from. I then realized that this douchebag thinks he's Captain America and has the audacity to say the following (from left to right)

1: dee-its 40 (degrees) out!?

2: I have a duty to stand with those who stand for me-AMP26!?

3: I (heart) you mom

4: In memory of Jordan Haerter R.I.P

5: AMP26 (copyright) 2008

6: Marine Corps

7: (???) 2008!?

8: YB NGK123, I'm wit you for life, get well soon wish u were here

9: I lay my shield down to honor and salute a true American hero, who gave the ultimate sacrifice for God and his country

Now it seems condescending that this :asshat2: lays down his shield! Who the F are you? And why is there as much about your poor homie (NGK123) as there is about a real American hero! AMP has the duty to shut the hell up.

[/rant]

Axe, my heart and my sincerest gratitude go out to you for what you, your family and your son have given to make sure the flock can sleep well at night.

I can appreciate any memorial done to honor this young man, however, I am afraid this individual is seeking fame and notoriety. If he were not, he would not have a problem honoring Jordan either privately, or in an appropriate and open way. How do you truly honor a soldier while acting in darkness and hiding behind anonimity?

Not much else to say here, but when he tagged the bench you didn't know if it was stupidity or malice. Looks like stupidity.

I'm kind of on the fence about this one. While I agree that Graffiti should, for the most part, not be considered art, there are exceptions. Some people here are pissed because that is not the way they would have honored Jordan, but not all of us think in the same way. Maybe amp26 is honoring Jordan in the only way he knows how. Maybe he wanted to join the Corps, but for some reason cannot. Maybe he doesn't have the education or social skills to express himself in a different way. I didn't see anything that looked disrespectful. How many here would have a totally different opinion of this work if they had not seen the bench? I am willing to bet more than one.

Do we know NGK123 is a p.o.s., or is it possible he was serving also and also lost his life, or is seriously injured? Not all who join the military come from good homes and never comitted a crime. There are plenty of documented gang members who joined to get away from a life they could not otherwise escape, so I am sure there are lots of taggers who have also joined. Axe, you say you and the police know who amp26 is. If they know who he is, they do not have to catch him red-handed. If that was the case, we would almost never pursue charges against any of these guys ever. That is total bullshit and if you are really inclined, you should probably check that out. On the other hand, if you know who he is, have you asked him if he knew Jordan, or why he made that mural? His answer may surprise you or it could just piss you off. Either way, then you know for sure.

I saw someone mentioned amp26 was doing this for his own recognition, but is that really true? He did it UNDER a bridge, were it will only be seen by few, not on the side of a downtown building where a few thousand drivers a day will see it. Gang related taggers are the ones that tag in parks, road signs, telephone boxes, mail boxes, peoples' walls etc. Amp26 has probably tagged stuff all over the city, but do you know if this follows his normal MO? This seems to me like something else. I'm also thinking it took him longer than one night to do this, it just took that long for someone to see it and report it.

After looking over this, I guess I am leaning towards amp's defense, but this is my bullshit opinion from 2000 miles away. The bench deserved an ass kicking; this one, I am not so sure. Keep us updated, and as always, God bless you and your family!