Gunson ColorTune arrives today!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
I love buying new tools. Found this Gunson ColorTune and just had to have it. Surely not needed for FJR's or other FI bikes, but for the old school stuff like Kz1300's and BMW's... Can't wait to see what color my burn is <although I know it's going to be orange than blue!>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233700204103

Opens image gallery

s-l300.jpg

Move over photo to zoom

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?

Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more- eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab

Seller information

innovativeautomotivetools (320 )
100% Positive feedback

Save this Seller

Contact seller

See other items

Gunson 14mm COLORTUNE #4074 Fuel System Diagnostic Tool - SHIPS FROM USA

10 product ratings 

Condition:
New

Quantity:

More than 10 available52 sold / See feedback

Price:

US $59.95

I love buying new tools. Found this Gunson ColorTune and just had to have it. Surely not needed for FJR's or other FI bikes, but for the old school stuff like Kz1300's and BMW's... Can't wait to see what color my burn is <although I know it's going to be orange than blue!>https://www.ebay.com/itm/233700204103
Gunson 14mm COLORTUNE #4074 Fuel System Diagnostic Tool - SHIPS FROM USA  Price:  US $59.95
DCarver,

Please keep us posted.  I'd like to see how that thing fits, and how well works, on the FJR.  Thanks.

DCarver,

Please keep us posted.  I'd like to see how that thing fits, and how well works, on the FJR.  Thanks.
I don't think it would do anything for a modern FI engine where air:fuel ratio is under computer control and not adjustable.  Might tell you if something is very wrong with a fuel injector but would have to test each cylinder.  Might help diagnose a bad O2 sensor.

Big value is for old carburetted engines to help with carb setup, jetting and mixture adjustments.  

DCarver,

I don't think it would do anything for a modern FI engine where air:fuel ratio is under computer control and not adjustable.  Might tell you if something is very wrong with a fuel injector but would have to test each cylinder.  Might help diagnose a bad O2 sensor.

Big value is for old carburetted engines to help with carb setup, jetting and mixture adjustments.  
Ross is right. Primarily for carbureted engines, older stuff. For FI engines, I'll be using my new IR camera.. which should be here right after Christmas.. .simply scan each header to find the coolest head pipe = clogged injector.

You're gonna be cussing  the Kawasaki gods when you work on the carbs. The R&R is easy getting the tops off is a little different and the center carb is a bit of a bitch.

I think the last time I did them, you had me lower the needles a notch cause you thought it was to rich.

Not going there.. Off to Old School Carbs.. LOL. It's only money. 

Can I ask for a loan?

I think the last time I did them, you had me lower the needles a notch cause you thought it was to rich.
I wonder if the leaner run is responsible for some of the heating issues?   Or was that compensated with the mixture adjustment?

I wonder if the leaner run is responsible for some of the heating issues?   Or was that compensated with the mixture adjustment?
I don't think so. It was soooooo rich before... Am cautiously optimistic the heating issue has been solved to the best it will be. Have over 300 miles now, no boiling or overheating.. of course the rides have been in 60F ambient...