Gvwr Of The Fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocha

Reaction score
Does any one know the GVWR of the FJR?

Say, I am a 255# Gorilla, how much crud can I put on Pandora before she starts complaining? <_<

And how about trilering? how much could she "safely" pull? :unsure: I am just curious.

Max load is 443lbs, less 17 if ABS. Wet weight is 624lbs. Thats 1067lbs total. Trailering isn't mentioned anywhere, but generally max loading takes braking capability into account, the major concern when hauling a trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Radman,

Are there any motorcycle trailers that have brakes on them? It would seem to be an answer to larger load capacity.

dobias

This is about as big a trailer as you would want to pull

13393294.jpg

Roll-a-Home pop-up tent trailer. Empty weight was around 300 lbs. Loaded up with all my camping swag, left the TV at home, was at least 400 lbs. I would load hitch up to about 55 lbs for optimum handling. Never had a problem stopping. I pulled this trailer with a Royal Star and also my FJR. I got the FJR hitch from Australia. I was a bit concerned with the sub-frame, so I built a trailer that only weighs about 160 lbs empty. Load the hitch up to about 30 lbs. Here's what I built:

13392829.jpg

Actually, this is a previous iteration. I have built 3 and also had 2 different camper trailers. My latest creation is a bit bigger in the cargo department.

You can see all of my trailers at: This Site

If you are interested in trailers, you can get all the information you could ever need at: MOTORCYCLE TRAILER TOWING Yeah, I know, it's a Delphi site :eek:

Well, enough already about trailers.

p.s. I wouldn't even consider putting brakes on a motorcycle trailer, but some have.

Last edited by a moderator: