Harley Bites The Dust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C.) I don't think the front wheel stopped, good photography not good brakes.
Cool! Shutter speed of 1/1000 on the front wheel and 1/64 on the rear!

C.) I don't think the front wheel stopped, good photography not good brakes.
Cool! Shutter speed of 1/1000 on the front wheel and 1/64 on the rear!
Hmmmm... looks like the spokes are (all but) stopped on the top pic too. Maybe that's what caused him to crash?

Hmmm... looks like the back wheel was stopped in the second pic. Hard to say, though.

Regardless, pretty cool sequence.

Paint, hangin off is about the only way you could get around the Dragon on a Roady with any speed. I'd like to see that! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen this sequence of piccies in another thread and am still wondering...did the dude just fall off? or bail? I still can't figure out what's going on in the 3rd pic.

Hey,FJRocket,I learned to ride in the 50's on bikes which had "flexi-flyer" frames like the 'King.

I have actually passed bikes on the Dragon while riding the 'King.Nothing quite like experience and craziness!

It's for sale now. No room in the Inn when the new Duc arrives.

Hey,I just looked at the photos again.

I think that ,when he pointed at the photog,he moved the bike/rider CG to the high side which caused the hard parts to grind and unload the front end. I guess that's the oposite of "hanging off"?

Anyway,if you look at his shoulders when he is pointing,he clearly is leaning left--"hanging on" instead of "hanging off".

Don't think anyone mentioned it, but those shots are from Killboy's site a few weeks ago.

Neat place to go for all sorts of groovy motorcycle pics. And cars. Also canoes. And occasional boobies.

There was a photo on kb's site the week it happened inbetween #1 and #2 posted here. He definatly locked the front wheel up, and was back on his seat when it happened.

IMHO from ALL the pics I've seen, it looks like he wasn't paying attention to the road, went in too hot, over-braked on the front and ditched the bike.

If you look real hard, in picture #2 he sorta has that "Oh Shit" look starting to creep into his face... I've been there before and remember it well.

Although he was pointing to the camera, he was watching the road... he just ran out of lean on that pig... so much for looking cool. I'm thinking he's NOT buying the PICS from Killboy.

Where's the FOURTH picture??
In the ER burn unit.

Ok, I was wrong abot the wheel stoppage. My bad.

So when you refer to the front wheel "unloading" does that mean it came up off the ground due to hard parts contacting the ground? And that's probably why the hand brake stopped the front wheel? Or do you think the guy just grabbed that much brake?

Disregard this as I didn't have reading glasses on when looking at pic. DUH :dribble:

The idiot was being real cool and filming HIMSELF going thru DG. Take a look at the first picture. He is holding/aiming a small black camera in his left hand. His attention is focused on where and how he is aiming the camera and is distracted from the job at hand (riding the bike). Take a look at the second picture, his left hand has pulled in the clutch and the camera is on top of his wrist. The left foream muscles are flexed tight. I bet that in a sympathetic muscle reflex his right hand clamped down on the brake as his left hand panicked for the handlebar.

Hope the poor dummy came out okay. at least he had a nice pair of Hardly Abelson boots on.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a camera in his hand. Those are his WAY COOL fingerless gloves, probably fit his now fingerless hands after grinding along the pavement for a ways.. He probably is now telling his buddies how he had to LAY'ER DOWN because of something that wasn't HIS fault...

<_< I guess I was mistaken to believe that the Almighty Harley rider doesn't wave, they do wave... just at the wrong moments. Maybe there was another Harley rider near the cameraman and this guy wanted to give him a salute.

I don't think it's a camera in his hand. Those are his WAY COOL fingerless gloves, probably fit his now fingerless hands after grinding along the pavement for a ways.. He probably is now telling his buddies how he had to LAY'ER DOWN because of something that wasn't HIS fault...
Ahhh, yes! The old fingerless glove trick; maybe I am getting old enough to need some glasses to see. Well, lucky for him. :huh:

At least I CAN read the words on the t-shirt in your avatar, something about the size of nipples, etc. :clap:

Wouldn't a simple hair wax have been easier/cheaper? :haha:

Pay attention to the ROAD !!!!

Seriously, I wonder if the forward rake of those crash bars contribute to the bike "hooking" the road surface prematurely? :huh:

every Harley I have owned I removed those crash bars ,, in the old days they were called engine protectors and did not stick out so far and were not so square,, but now they are platforms for hiway pegs and fringe ,,

looks to me like he put his right foot down and it yanked him off ,,

his elbows are really high ,, like he's trying to save it by pulling up on the bars ,, too hot, clutch in ,foot down ,hard on the front break (all newbie rider tricks) = how do I explain this to the insurance wheezels ,,

looks like the pipes are taking a grinding too ,,

I guess he was late for the "always wear protection" class

his 100 yr model just lost it's investment value