Hate this Site

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellthat?

Reaction score
I really hate this site. Every time I logon I see more stuff I want. With new seats, a Corbin smuggler, upgraded battery, redone aux wiring, new RAM mounts for my iPad this Spring is getting pretty friggin expensive! Now it seems I need new exhaust, windscreen, shocks, front end . . . the list is nearly endless. Damn I hate you FJRForum.

I feel your pain. I've spent over a grand already this year

and I haven't even started the bike yet!

$!#^@*(&!&(&$ Now Ashe has me in the Ohlins group buy!!! DAMN YOU ALL!!! Like it was said above - I HAVEN'T TWISTED THE THROTTLE IN A MONTH! It will be so sweet once I do though - kinda like being with a hot woman that doesn't speak.

I really hate this site. Every time I logon I see more stuff I want. With new seats, a Corbin smuggler, upgraded battery, redone aux wiring, new RAM mounts for my iPad this Spring is getting pretty friggin expensive! Now it seems I need new exhaust, windscreen, shocks, front end . . . the list is nearly endless. Damn I hate you FJRForum.
Know what you mean, Smell. I hate it too.

I also hate your avatar.

Too small. :lol:

I also hate your avatar.

You know, Mike, smell told me once that his avatar is a pic of a bunch of trannies in bathing suits. :eek:

I don't think my aftermarket purchases have quite matched the initial purchase price of the (used) FJR, but I'm damn close. Fortunately I've enough money laying around that it's not a problem. <_<

I also hate your avatar.

You know, Mike, smell told me once that his avatar is a pic of a bunch of trannies in bathing suits. :eek:

I don't think my aftermarket purchases have quite matched the initial purchase price of the (used) FJR, but I'm damn close. Fortunately I've enough money laying around that it's not a problem. <_<
That was my old avatar! This one is just harmless paint. I think I will stop the addons once I reach my original purchase price - getting close :unsure:

Ahhhh love the Fed-ex Shipment Notifications! One for my Ohlins rear shock the other for my Corbin Smuggler - hee hee cannot wait for next week! :yahoo:

Wah wah wah.

Since the last time I rode my bike (1st week of November) I've spent (and this is just off the top of my head)

$550 - Russell Day Long (Group Buy)

$2000 - Full Cogent/Ohlins Suspension

$80 - Grips/Grip Heaters (need to install soon)

$200 - Sidi Boots

$200 - Scorpion Commander jacket

$1600 - Storage/Install Suspension/Replace wheel bearings/Lube rear Susp. Linkage/Check and Adjust Valves (2 Intakes)/New Battery/Mount Install new front tire/+ a handful of other maint. stuff I forget

For a grand total of $4630

.. and I haven't ridden a single mile since I dropped it off 6 months ago.

But!

I pick it up tomorrow at noon sharp, calling for 58F and sunny. WWOOOOHOHOHOHOOHOOHOOOO!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Add speed valves to the list - I still need to do the front end, but that will have to wait until after my wHORE Tour 2011 ride around Lake Tahoe next month. All service is complete on my baby and she is ready to rock (other than a slightly leaky right fork seal that will be corrected once I get the front end re-worked.) Thank God for mid-60s weather for the next 2 weeks - ahhh I love me some California sunshine! :yahoo:

Now add the pazzo lever - damn - kept reading about them, looking at them, drooling over another useless add one and BAM! bought one! I blame the 2 750ml bottles of Chimay. I am not in my right state especially if you read my dumb ass question regarding how to lube the drive spline - sheeesh the booze is making me poor AND stupid (I meant poorer and stupider ;) .)

Now i have all my recent add ons in house and ready for install. Will be posting pics soon of Pazzo lever, bleeders (not very exciting to look at, but cool all the same), new Corbin saddle and smuggler, and the Ohlins shock (got my Kryptox grease today in time for rear wheel removal - although not necessary obviously for rear shock, I wanted to grease all that stuff back there.) Ok, off the computer to finish installs . . . thank goodness it was raining today!

Here are some pics:

corbin6.JPG

corbin4_small.jpg

Pazzo.JPG

speed_bleeders.JPG

And an addon photo for you all - in clicky mode (it's not THAT bad, just don't want to flaunt any forum posting rules . . .) CLICKY OH DO CLICK

I may be picking up some Muzzys 4-1 now that the drag issue seems to have been fixed - sheesh - gotta get off this site, (in Captain Kirk voice) but

can't

break

free!

Now add the pazzo lever - damn - kept reading about them, looking at them, drooling over another useless add one and BAM! bought one! I blame the 2 750ml bottles of Chimay. I am not in my right state especially if you read my dumb ass question regarding how to lube the drive spline - sheeesh the booze is making me poor AND stupid (I meant poorer and stupider ;) .)
Smell,

That Pazzo Lever looks so nice, at least you only had to buy one!!