Have you ever gone without a windscreen?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If tall like me, (and you), the original small screen works great at the lowest level. Keeps the wind from blowing your torso back, but small enough so that the air going over the top is not hitting the helmet making a lot of wind noise.

Tried the larger Yamaha screen, but it just forces most of the air over the screen, and to the helmet, again making a lot of noise.

Yes, I could go with a bigger screen, but don't like the idea of looking through a screen, but instead like to look over one.

I use a 21" Cee Bailey windscreen with reverse flip on my FJR and love it. Now, on my R1100RSL I find things work best with the windscreen all the way down. In this position there is no buffeting on the helmet and the force of the wind pushing me backwards eases the strain on my arms and wrists caused by the low and close together hand grips. I'm six foot with a 30" inseam. When I first bought my FJR it had handlebar set backs installed which i quickly removed as an upright riding position kills my back.

When I got the FJR it had a new touring windscreen installed which I didn't like at all. Previous owner also bought a spare touring windshield which he gave to me. Both were purchased at a Yamaha dealer for the FJR. I tried to sell both windscreens for very low prices and all I got for my troubles was hassles from prospective buyers so I just recycled them both after installing the Cee Bailey.
not_i.gif

Sometimes that's what you get when you try to give things away.

Last edited by a moderator: