HD Yuppie's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomerang

Reaction score
I glance out my kitchen window this after noon and what do I see, my boss pulling up on his new HD super dyna wide road thingy. And what was he waring, T-shirt,short pants and sandles. No helmet,no eye protection,no gloves,not even a shield on his bike. I almost pissed myself laughing. You have to understand this guy is not the most manly of men to start out with and he has a hard time just walking through the plant where I work without getting hurt. For me, the really sad thing is that I know he didn't buy a bike because he loves to ride. He bought it for the status. To me thats just wrong! And I'm sure that I will put more miles on my bike every week then he will in a year. The good part is that just maybe now that he himself rides we might get a decent place to park MC's at work.

Boomer...I'm yer boss.....get used to low wages and clean-up duty.

Oh Gawd. I know the type. Last time it was a guy riding a Ducati 851. The plant manager on a Goldwing SMOKED his ass in a ride, and he wouldn't ride with us any more. At least he wore a helmet and a jacket though.

"For me, the really sad thing is that I know he didn't buy a bike because he loves to ride. He bought it for the status. To me thats just wrong!"

I agree, a motorcycle is meant to be ridden. It is not just something that looks pretty to sit on. It is a shame when I see motorcycles for sale that are 3 or 4 years old with like 500 miles on the odometer. Those bikes could have gone to someone who would have ridden and loved them instead of eventually collecting dust in someone's garage.

Don't come to Sudbury, high wages for miners = every damn one of them HAS a Harley. Not to say they ride them.

Case in point, a coworker bought himself a softtail. A few weeks back a bunch of us were to ride to NY/VT. They were calling for 3 days of heavy rain (they actually had a flood warning in the Andirondacks the last day) so I bailed on it, as we were only going to spend one full day there. Piss on that.

Well, they all went. Of the 6 other guys that went not one blamed me for bailing out, except Mr. Softtail.

So I asked him how many clicks he's got on it know. Posturing with pride he says just over 3000.

I said KILOMETERS... so you've ridden something less than 2000 miles since riding season began. No doubt at least a 1000 of them were on this trip. I bought my FJR at the end of May, whats that 9 or 10 weeks? and I've got over 10000 on it. I ride to work rain or shine, and yet here you are calling ME a pussy?

Not to mention the 5000 I put on my Meanstreak before I bought the FJR.

F'n assholes.

I glance out my kitchen window this after noon and what do I see, my boss pulling up on his new HD super dyna wide road thingy. And what was he waring, T-shirt,short pants and sandles. No helmet,no eye protection,no gloves,not even a shield on his bike. I almost pissed myself laughing. You have to understand this guy is not the most manly of men to start out with and he has a hard time just walking through the plant where I work without getting hurt. For me, the really sad thing is that I know he didn't buy a bike because he loves to ride. He bought it for the status. To me thats just wrong! And I'm sure that I will put more miles on my bike every week then he will in a year. The good part is that just maybe now that he himself rides we might get a decent place to park MC's at work.

Wonder if yer boss reads forums on the 'net?

Wonder if yer boss reads forums on the 'net?
Yeah, his bossman "Spider" is gonna check out the feej forums. No doubt, he'd take on Snowball over at the Sleazy board.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....................the HH club is alive and well. Good post, dude.....

I think you should get all up in your boss' ass for coming around your house on his lame-assed Harley. I don't know why you didn't start in on him, and tell him what a total retard he is, and what a POS bike he has, the second that sonofabitch showed up. You should have chewed that fucker into next month, and if you don't do it by tomorrow, then you're no kind of man, atall. Fuck that bossman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just throwing a slightly twisted, circuitously kind, most indubitably chuckle-worthy idea your way...

Buy him a helmet. A full-face helmet. Maybe a red one. Or orange. Doesn't have to be an Arai - you can probably pick up a DOT approved Bell for under $100. Then wrap it up in Harley wrapping paper, put a bow on it, write a short but sincere card welcoming him to the fold (no, not that fold Odot) but insisting he wear a helmet - after all, you care about him.

I know, I know. Money. But sometimes, good pranks cost a little chedda. If you are unwilling, perhaps the kind-hearted members of this here forum can take up a collection.

Oh, and picking up on one of my long-winded posts from yesterday, if you get the helmet please use an industrial Sharpie® or label maker and put "ASSHAT" on the back of the helmet.

Carry on.

Oh Gawd. I know the type. Last time it was a guy riding a Ducati 851. The plant manager on a Goldwing SMOKED his ass in a ride, and he wouldn't ride with us any more. At least he wore a helmet and a jacket though.
Still laughing! I have been giving him a hard time about at least wearing shoes while riding. Today I see him go by wearing Top siders,shorts,T-shirt and one of those little bennie helmets. I thought,well at least it's a step in the right direction.

I think you should get all up in your boss' ass for coming around your house on his lame-assed Harley. I don't know why you didn't start in on him, and tell him what a total retard he is, and what a POS bike he has, the second that sonofabitch showed up. You should have chewed that fucker into next month, and if you don't do it by tomorrow, then you're no kind of man, atall. Fuck that bossman.
Yeah I agree. Problem is he lives next door to me. Although I do have several axe's to grind with him, I'll just keep that at work.