Headlight / Fan Relay Anatomy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the part number for headlight relay? I need to order one for my genII
Just curious if you've confirmed a headlight relay failure or are you replacing it because you have intermittent headlight cutting off? If you're having an intermittent issue and haven't confirmed failure of the relay, you might be experiencing a rare form of the "spider bite." You can read about my failure HERE and if you do find a failed spider, please report in THIS THREAD.
In this thread damianomigani said:

...my wire harness has been replaced by Yamaha, but I cannot go back to the dealer because since then I moved to the UK and yamaha warranty doesn't work here...
So it looks like a Brody harness would be the only other option if it is indeed caused by an intermittent ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the part number for headlight relay? I need to order one for my genII
Just curious if you've confirmed a headlight relay failure or are you replacing it because you have intermittent headlight cutting off? If you're having an intermittent issue and haven't confirmed failure of the relay, you might be experiencing a rare form of the "spider bite." You can read about my failure HERE and if you do find a failed spider, please report in THIS THREAD.
In this thread damianomigani said:

...my wire harness has been replaced by Yamaha, but I cannot go back to the dealer because since then I moved to the UK and yamaha warranty doesn't work here...
So it looks like a Brody harness would be the only other option if it is indeed caused by an intermittent ground.
I've since seen his other posts in other threads, but I'm assuming he had the factory recall harness installed and not a complete bike harness. But even if he had the complete harness installed due to a burned S4 spider, I don't think that includes the harness in the nose section? Someone that had a complete harness replacement will have to chime in.

If he's got a burned S7 like me, he'll still need to get in there and splice all those wires together like I did. Brody's fix won't help if his connector is melted and the pins burned.