Heavy ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just another reason why I NEVER push any of my bikes around like they are bicycles or something. Get on the damn thing and use your legs.
In my defence, I do often sit on it and push it back. However, this is right on the limit of my dimensionally-challenged inseam, and the slightest slipperiness on the ground is likely to end in a similar disaster, it's nearly happened more than once.

This is the first time I've nearly dropped it after pushing it, and to this day I don't know how the side-stand got to its backward leaning position, I always have it ready to lean the bike on after pushing it off the centre-stand.

Be assured, I will always check it before leaning the bike on it in the future.

Just another reason why I NEVER push any of my bikes around like they are bicycles or something. Get on the damn thing and use your legs.
WTF? Must be nice to have a decent inseam. I've managed to figure out how to get the bike backwards while on it, but it usually involves a bit of leaning and pushing with just one leg. Once you master walking next to it, it's not too bad. Bad stuff still happens.

Went to see riders on IBR 2015 pull in to Kingsport. Stood next to the official IBR greeter for ten minutes, and heard him whisper to each rider, "Is your kickstand down? Is it ALL THE WAY down?" Guessing at the riders' mental state after four days of 1,000 miles each, I can see how that would be timely advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcatrophy said:

..I really, really don't want it to go down. There's no way I could pick it up by myself...
I know there is no way I could lift mine either. I have dropped it before with bad results and had to get help to lift it.

I am considering one of these MotoBikeJacks. It looks pretty nifty but is a bit pricey. The demo is on a big Harley.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcatrophy said:
..I really, really don't want it to go down. There's no way I could pick it up by myself...
I know there is no way I could lift mine either. I have dropped it before with bad results and had to get help to lift it.

I am considering one of these MotoBikeJacks. It looks pretty nifty but is a bit pricey. The demo is on a big Harley.
That thing looks like a great idea. Leave it to me though, I'd prolly drop my bike on the bag the jack is in
fool.gif

Mr Garauld, think you could make us something like this?

3081414_zpszjilkon6.jpg

NTXFJR said:

That thing looks like a great idea. Leave it to me though, I'd prolly drop my bike on the bag the jack is in
fool.gif
I thought of that too. With the MC Enterprises Side Bag Guards you can open the side case about 5.5 inches. I propped a piece of plywood against the tire and the bag guard and opened the side case to see. Room enough to remove it.

Glad you saved it, but injuries are pretty common from trying to stop a heavy object beyond the point of no return. DAMHIK
Agreed. Good thing mcatrophy was at the point of no return less about 3 microns (by the sound of it).

Good save MC!