Helmet Hook

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schupperts

Reaction score
I'm looking for somewhere to carry an extra helmet when I'm not using the luggage. My old bike had the hooks under the seat. Any suggestions?

I couldn't find anything in the search area.

I'm looking for somewhere to carry an extra helmet when I'm not using the luggage. My old bike had the hooks under the seat. Any suggestions?
This back rest is a good place to hang a helmet. Like old skool, used to hang the spare on a sissey bar. Made by someone on this forum.

875497030_4HjGi-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago on one of the FJR forums, we had a member who came up with a low cost stainless hook padded with moleskin that fit between the riders and pillion's seat. Anyone make/buy one of these or can find the link?

Years ago on one of the FJR forums, we had a member who came up with a low cost stainless hook padded with moleskin that fit between the riders and pillion's seat. Anyone make/buy one of these or can find the link?
Wasn't it TownsendFJR or somebody like that that made them?

yep

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...helmet+brackets

yep

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...helmet+brackets
Thanks everyone for your help.

This was one of my very first farkles when I picked up my FJR. As the owner of an '86 FJ1200 that has a built in helmet lock, I was a bit surprised to find the FJR didn't come with any. I came up with this really low tech, low budget helmet holder and it has been working great for me since '04.

Start with a package of computer wire straps (hook and loop type) - available at your favorite office supply store:

Package-small.jpg

I prefer the straps with the slot on one end to feed the other end through, as you will see in the shot below.

Wrap it around the frame rail under the seat. Feed the tab end through the slot end.

Helmet_strap_held_up_2-small.jpg

Now when you need to hang your helmet, unlock the seat, slide the 'D'ring through the tab end of the strap and fasten the strap to itself. When you put the seat back on, the strap will not be visible to passersby if done correctly. The shear strength of the velcro is more than enough to keep the helmet secure, especially with the seat back in place. The only way a theif can make off with your lid is to cut your helmet strap, and no helmet lock is going to prevent that sort of theft.

Helmet_with_seat-small.jpg

Anyway, I love simple, low cost solutions, and this works for me. Good luck! :lol: