Here we go again 2013 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2wheeldrift

Reaction score
A stuffup from America's EPA releasing documents on their website hinting an updated version of the 2013 FJR, were quickly removed & replaced by a new version with a lot of details removed. However before it was pulled it revealed the engine & emission data are listed as new, meaning the motor has been revised enough to need re-certifying. Power is up slightly, weight & rolling resistance is the same as the previous model probably meaning it's based around the Gen11. Styling & suspension changes are likely given the competion. Sounds like the bike most are hoping will be released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumor I heard is not much change in Yamaha's line-up for '13, but 2014 & 2015 will see many changes.

U.S. Yamaha dealer meeting was yesterday so maybe more information will come.

MamaYamma needs to put some bait out (carrot dangling at least) and get potential buyers interested. They're losing sales in the S/T market for having been so sluggish with the outdated FJR platform. One main reason I didn't purchase a '12 last spring and went with a deal on a "new" crated '09.

For us new toy seekers, what's the big rush in buying a new model when it's not really new?

Don't tell Mama but I'm already shopping and the K-dog series Beemer has my attention!

For us new toy seekers, what's the big rush in buying a new model when it's not really new?
I have a couple of thoughts on this from my perspective.

I have an old 2005 Gen I bike and it's in such good shape people that see it when I'm out riding assume it's a brand new bike or just maybe a year or two old. Even though its 7-8 years old it's still a nice looking bike that doesn't really seem outdated. Having said that a friend of mine has a 2012 C14. When you see his bike & my bike side by side and start comparing them that's when my bike starts to show some age. His bike looks more modern, has more standard features, has the K-trac system...etc which you would expect from a late model bike.

The FJR does IMO need an styling update. It was the ST leader the first several years and it's still considered perhaps the best all around ST bike but it doesn't have the same luster as it once had in comparison to the competition because it's look the same since 2006.

Standard features I think the FJR should have or change moving forward are:

- Cruise control

- Electronic suspension adjustment (Solo, 2up, touring & sport modes that are touch of the button similar to some Ducati bikes)

- Upgraded suspension components in general

- Overall modern styling upgrade

- More aerodynamic styled saddlebags

- Aluminum stock rear topcase rack

- 10-15 more HP

- Better & more sturdy glove box design (painted aluminum housing & latch instead of plastic)

- Dual Helmet Locks

Optional features:

- Built-in GPS similar to most modern automobiles

- XM Radio with earbud jack

- OEM Highway pegs

Two Wheel,

I see you live in Australia. How did you come across this information? I looked up the EPA website and couldn't get anywhere. What's a "stuff up" as you put it? Is that one of those down uda sayings that we Yanks are always struggling with? EPA info is not the kinda stuff we all normally enjoy reading on a Friday night, I never knew such info was available. You said... "replaced by a new version." Anybody have a copy of this original version?

For what it's worth, I'm surprised the mods haven't stuck this in NEPERT land already. They've been pretty quick to deal with any evidences of a new updated 2013 FJR.

Gary

Sounds like an "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who says he saw" kind of thing. Since he knows a guy who says he saw, it has to be real.

I heard from a guy that they are adding more spiders and more heat. For styling, they are going back to the old Connie styling...but that's just from a guy I know who heard from a guy.

Please look for the one thread left open to discuss unconfirmed speculations on such.
Confirmed. This is at least the 15th thread on the same subject.

For what it's worth, I'm surprised the mods haven't stuck this in NEPERT land already. They've been pretty quick to deal with any evidences of a new updated 2013 FJR.
Less commentary....more pressing of the "Report" button. ;)

U.S. Yamaha dealer meeting was yesterday so maybe more information will come.
That, I believe, is NOT a rumor and very much true. :)

One last time folks...this thread is the ONE place you should be putting rumors on third generation FJRs...not starting yet another thread. I realize that one of these years Yamaha will possibly actually release a new FJR, but until hard evidence actually comes up....use the ONE thread. As a courtesy I've pinned it for you all.

Thanks.

The Management.

Status
Not open for further replies.