Hess Bakery in Tacoma Tomorrow, Saturday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruppelt

Will always be FJR rider at heart
Reaction score
I will be slabbing it up via I5 tomorrow morning from PDX to the Hess Bakery in Lakewood (southern Tacoma Area). I am planning on filling my saddle bags and top box with stuff for my freezer at home. :D

I still hope to meet Bob there (Happypuppy) if he can make it. Afterwards I am thinking of going home the longer and more scenic route... B)

Anybody interested in meeting there or riding together let me know. I'm thinking of leaving my house around 8 am, since I'm just south of Scappoose I'll go up to the Rainier bridge. Good meeting place would be the I5 rest stop at Toutle River just north of Longview, between 8:30 and 8:45 am.

That should make for a good early lunch time at the bakery around 11:45 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT would be fun!

...and so, naturally, I'm out. :(

Company in town and we have plans. Should be fun, but not FJR levels of fun... ;)

...and I'm working in the AM. Hope to be done by lunch-ish, but the best laid plans. :dntknw:

Have fun Chris and ride safe! Check out construction details on I-5, it sounds like it will be a mess tomorrow and through the weekend.

--G

...and I'm working in the AM. Hope to be done by lunch-ish, but the best laid plans. :dntknw:
Have fun Chris and ride safe! Check out construction details on I-5, it sounds like it will be a mess tomorrow and through the weekend.

--G
Thanks for the construction tip, I had looked and didn't find anything this far south of Seattle. Maybe I need to look again? Anywho, should be fun, no matter what.

Sounds like maybe I'll see you there?

Cheers!

Too funny, I had originally two folks lined up to ride up with me, and one riding friend to meet us there at the bakery/deli. As I had two cancellations and only one maybe as of yesterday I opened it up on the forum. Well no luck on that as well!

I did have a great ride up, traffic was fine and the weather today was simply terrific. I had a good time at the bakery, the bag liners had each about 35 Pretzels in them on the way back, and the top box some various meats, sausage and candies for my kids. I took the long and scenic route, and that was even better. I didn't think of taking any photos at all....oh well.

So here is the funny thing: Instead of meeting up with anybody I had planed on, I met by total chance a fellow FJR rider at the bakery. His name is John, he's from the Tacoma area and rides a nice stock 2004. He wasn't really interested in anything forum related, but he immediately wanted to swap info for future rides. So I had a nice chat while eating my Leberkaese roll.

Anywho, riding alone, but still a great day.

...this is not always a bad thing Chris. Sometimes you need that time alone to reflect and enjoy the ride w/o other distractions.

Sounds like the trip was a success and traffic work turned out to be nothing. Lots of good food and treats for the kids...It was a beautiful day up here yesterday, today back to normal with gray and rain. See you next time!

--G

Thanks George, but on Saturday I would have very much welcomed any distraction from thinking about missing Kyron. All families that have kids at Skyline Elementary got phone calls late Friday about the fact that he didn't come home from school, and asking to let the school or authorities know if you'd know anything. I've just posted under "completely unrelated discussion" about him. With one kid going to the school (and actually being at least bus buddies with him), and another kid starting preschool there next year this is WAY to close to the heart.

Too funny, I had originally two folks lined up to ride up with me, and one riding friend to meet us there at the bakery/deli. As I had two cancellations and only one maybe as of yesterday I opened it up on the forum. Well no luck on that as well!
I did have a great ride up, traffic was fine and the weather today was simply terrific. I had a good time at the bakery, the bag liners had each about 35 Pretzels in them on the way back, and the top box some various meats, sausage and candies for my kids. I took the long and scenic route, and that was even better. I didn't think of taking any photos at all....oh well.

So here is the funny thing: Instead of meeting up with anybody I had planed on, I met by total chance a fellow FJR rider at the bakery. His name is John, he's from the Tacoma area and rides a nice stock 2004. He wasn't really interested in anything forum related, but he immediately wanted to swap info for future rides. So I had a nice chat while eating my Leberkaese roll.

I wish I'd known you were heading up for a liver cheese sandwich. I was busy doing "honey do's", but would have at least met you for lunch. I guess I'll have to read the forum more often so I know about upcoming activities?!