Hey youse guys, Gaucho, warm, ugly, perfect for the PNW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyrains

Reaction score
Made in Italy. How come the them Europeans get the good stuff first? I have seen these types of lap aprons on Harley's, in fact I have one for my Road King made by Langlitz in Portland. Not nearly as good as these, though.

Gaucho%201.jpg

Gaucho%202.jpg

Gaucho%203.jpg

Or how about this quick on and off with velcro straps thingy? Looks to me like it would be pretty easy to make this item at home.

Takeaway%205.jpg

"...Or how willing are you to look stupid to stay warm ...?"

Pfffffff.

Hell, I've been willing to look stupid for a lot less than warmth.

I'd consider the hand things (Hippo Hands?), ...but the apron? Probably not.

(Of course I seldom ride in freezing weather.)

I've seen a couple of those "gauchos" while riding down the foggy coast on Hwy 1 between Daly City and Pacifica. The riders were on Vespa scooters. :blink:

At least they were warm. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfffffff[sorry about the fart, I had a taco "you-know-where."].

Hell, I've been constantly willing to look truly stupid for a lot less than warmth.

I'd consider the hand things (Hippo Hands?)because they feel really good, if ya know what I mean <<wink>>, ...but the apron? Probably not.

(Of course I'm a puss and seldom ride in what passes in California for freezing weather.)

:ph34r:

Pfffffff.

Hell, I've been willing to look stupid for a lot less than warmth.

I'd consider the hand things (Hippo Hands?), ...but the apron? Probably not.

(Of course I seldom ride in freezing weather.)
When I got my first Harley many years ago, I decided to risk looking stupid and wore a full faced helmet. Meanwhile all the other Harley riders I associated with were wearing the really cool beanie fake helmets. Of course those were also the ones that parked their bike in the garage from October through April. The first time I got caught in a hailstorm riding with my full face lid, I was really happy to look stupid. I guess I looked stupidly happy.

dustyrains: I'll bet if you can get one in paisley or puce, Niehart would buy one! Actually, when I was stationed in Germany 40 years ago I saw German civilians riding onto my US Army Base-Reiss Kaserne wearing those leather/fabric motorcycle aprons.

... And as a bonus, you get to wearable skirt every time you get off the bike at a fuel stop. All the fashionable lot lizards are wearing them!

And if you order in the next ten minutes, we'll throw in a set of ovaries for you too! ;)

J/K ladies. ;)

Uhm.. believe me when I say I ride in some cold, wet temps pretty regularly. This setup just isn't needed on a fully faired like the FJR - well, unless your riding in Tuktoyuktuk or something. If thats the case, keeping your 'nads warm 'n dry should be the least of your problems.

Now I can understand on a half/quarter or bikini faired bike but even then, your riding the wrong bike for the job and you need to give your head a shake.

I was in Rome last year on business, and many citizens of the state used similar wraps on their scooters. Women would be wearing their skirts and heels, Businessmen wearing suits, etc.

Protection from road grime as well as warmth. Not a bad idea, actually.

... And as a bonus, you get to wearable skirt every time you get off the bike at a fuel stop. All the fashionable lot lizards are wearing them!
And if you order in the next ten minutes, we'll throw in a set of ovaries for you too! ;)

J/K ladies. ;)
Ovaries?? Sounds interesting. Looked for them on bikebandit.com. Did not find anything. Where would you mount these on the Feejr? Who makes them? Probably right under the mirrors, I would guess.

Hey, I bought and use the hipo watershed hand guards from the folks in Portland and use them all winter. I take a little shit about using them but when ya run with beemerdons, ya just get use to it. :lol: